Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: here we go again....

Default Re: here we go again....

After reading the article that you supplied Kitca, I'm surprised that the gentleman pled guilty. Maybe a lawyer would be too expensive or he didn't believe he had a choice. I'm just surprised that he didn't feel the desire to fight for his belief. Especially since he had the other guys there that were in the truck.
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

i do not see that anyones life was in danger. i do not see why they felt they needed to kill the bear. i do think the park should put much better bearproof dumpsters in.

Banned
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi

What a comment...were you there?

jack, did you read the article. the bear came in the yard and they went into the trailer. he came back out with his gun and shot it from the deck - where he only injured the poor thing and then they all went after it to finish it off. your life is not in immediate danger because there is a bear nearby.

Banned

I posted the original article, so ya I read it!
    ....so you were there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Butler View Post
    I posted the original article, so ya I read it!
    ....so you were there?
    where did you post itÉ i started this one this morning.

Banned

You don't read very well....post 17!
    ...so you were there?

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    jack, did you read the article. the bear came in the yard and they went into the trailer. he came back out with his gun and shot it from the deck - where he only injured the poor thing and then they all went after it to finish it off. your life is not in immediate danger because there is a bear nearby.
    That is exactly right Kitca.
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

Banned

Wow, that's pretty cool!
    You guys know exactly how it played out without being there.

When I was 4 years old my parents took me to Vancouver from Hamilton. We camped and had bear encounters. I was 4 years old, and have been forever permanently traumatized by the bear in Banff that opened my cookie tin and ate my cookies. He followed it up with a guzzle from my dad's coffee thermous.
    I had those cookies rationed so as to last me 30 days. I had to endure 20 more days on holidays with my family...with NO cookies!
    Kill all the bears, and their cubs...They ate my cookies!
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

my parents were having a bbq out in goulais when i was a baby. they had me in a pram in the yard, and everyone had gone inside to get stuff. when they came outside there was a bear sniffing around, me, the bbq. i was a baby and slept through the whole thing. they all thought it was a very cool experience, not a near death one!

starterwiz how aweful for you that your family did not replace your cookies.

and yes jack, we do.

Banned

You do what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Butler View Post
    Wow, that's pretty cool!
    You guys know exactly how it played out without being there.
    thats what

Where we camp up the Chapleu hwy in the summer, there is a resident bear that sniffs around and steals food from the dumba$$es who leave coolers or whatever sitting outside. A few of the campers are so nervous of this bear, they started bringing air horns and bear poppers? (loud bangers) to scare it away. We just laugh at them and tell them it isn't hurting anyone and that the bear will soon also be laughing at those noise makers.
    We are encroaching in his feeding area and bushland, and if he finds food from dumb people leaving it out, (new campers or people who aren't aware) then he gets to eat without scavenging in the bush that day.

With that being said, should he turn aggressive and won't be scared off at all, then I'd certainly agree to having someone put some buckshot into his arse. Should that not work either, then I would hope someone shoots him before a camper gets mauled.

As for problem bears returning again and again to trailer parks or areas of the city, for the safety of the people I think they should be removed and taken elsewhere by a trapper. If this was happening in some city in southern Ontario, it would be delt with (removed) one way or another. There's no way they'd just leave bears to roam around scaring people. Everything else we do up here in the north is controlled by the south, so why we shouldn't we be aforded the same safety for our families?

Banned

thats what
    I see...very adult!

my parents were having a bbq out in goulais when i was a baby. they had me in a pram in the yard, and everyone had gone inside to get stuff. when they came outside there was a bear sniffing around, me, the bbq. i was a baby and slept through the whole thing. they all thought it was a very cool experience, not a near death one!

starterwiz how aweful for you that your family did not replace your cookies.

and yes jack, we do.
    You can't just replace a tin of cookies that was sent from England with Animal crackers when you're on the road....Geesh. They weren't just any old cookies...they were MY cookies...and they were superb cookies...and the bears must pay! Shoot them all in the hip so they all die a horrible death!
    Or please feed the bears, so's they don't have to steal cookies. By hand preferably for all you bear lovers. Nice bear!
    It was a grizly bear that ate my cookies...we watched from the "safety" of the pavilion where we were cooking breakfast as he found my tin and my dad's thermous sitting on the trunk of the car. (I shared a cookie with my dad that morning).
    Last edited by starterwiz; 01-30-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

An injured bear is a dangerous bear, by going after it and making sure the bear is dead is the right thing to do. There is no guarantee what any bear or wild animal will do, this time the bear came too close, bottom line. As an advid hunter, one shot isn't always enough, this is even more true with a bear.

If a bear is in my yard, and the lives of my friends, family, etc are in danger, damn right it should be taken care of. As for "relocation" it has been proven time and again that bears that are relocated come back!

You have no idea who was in danger. Wild animals are unpredictible, and clearly, have become fearless of humans. I wouldn't take that chance. I'm sure if someone had been mauled, you'd change your tune, but because they managed to get away this time, it's ok for a bear to come right up to them? *shakes head*
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    You have no idea who was in danger. Wild animals are unpredictible, and clearly, have become fearless of humans. I wouldn't take that chance. I'm sure if someone had been mauled, you'd change your tune, but because they managed to get away this time, it's ok for a bear to come right up to them? *shakes head*
    The "animal lovers" are all like this, .... they have perfect hindsight with these situations. If someone had been injured, you would not have heard a peep from them, but the current situations lets them contract diarrhea of the mouth to lie about the situation. They do not know the particulars of the situation, but profess to know that that bear was of no danger to anyone, ..... total unmitigated Bull$hit, ....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

it seems that every one knew he was a hunter....any hunter worth his salt would make SURE ,..where his discharged bullet would go..beaumont park fore the most part is in the woods...sorry but i cannot seperate MNR and idiots....once called the mnr does not feel usefull until it charges some one...i believe if you read the fish and game act it states that IF THE BEAR IS THREATENING YOUR PROPERTY YOU CAN SHOOT IT .....IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT IF THE BEAR IS THREATENING YOU...OR YOUR KIDS..AND OF COURSE IT HAS TO BE ON YOUR PROPERTY......AGAIN....idiotic....MNR....hand in hand..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    There's a reason why you can't discharge rifles in residential areas.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information