Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In the tank? It's not sugar.

Default In the tank? It's not sugar.

What would one put into the gas tank if one wanted to disable the vehicle? Sugar was busted, as it won't disolve in gasoline. Someone wants my gas...go ahead and take it at your own peril. Three weeks in a row! So if someone you know starts complaining of engine problems...don't trust them lol.
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

Default Re: In the tank? It's not sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by starterwiz View Post
    What would one put into the gas tank if one wanted to disable the vehicle? Sugar was busted, as it won't disolve in gasoline. Someone wants my gas...go ahead and take it at your own peril. Three weeks in a row! So if someone you know starts complaining of engine problems...don't trust them lol.
    try something like ginger ail or sprite... you cant tell the difference when its mixed in with the gas!
    2012 - all rights reserved

Banned
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi

This time of the year, water.

I hope you don't plan on putting something in your vehicle's gas tank so thieves would siphon the gas out and damage their vehicles engine. If I lost gas three weeks in a row I might try leaving a can of gas by my vehicle in the hopes the thief would take the can and use the gas. As mentioned Myth busters used bleach which stalled the engine but did not cause damage however loose rust was floating in the tank the next day. Liquid glass ( sodium silicate) is an engine killer.

Ya...it has to be something that will be all gone when I empty the tank 'tho Jack. I don't mind spending a few dollars on karma, but I don't want it hanging around in the bottom of the tank to wreck my own vehicle. Guess again! Next weekend I'll have the filler neck diverted into a bleach/gas mixture. Two days in the tank and goodbye pump and tank....even if you don't run the engine. I was looking for something that mixes with the gas so it can be sucked out, but will definately fucl< up the engine.
    And I didn't really want to give them another gas can if I could help it, Hobo, but that was the plan if they didn't drain the tank for me, and I had to dispose of bad gas lol. There is a product 'tho...I'm hoping it doesn't take too much longer to work hehe. I could have paid for cameras or stood watch...but this is way more fun lol.
    Last edited by starterwiz; 01-30-2012 at 08:55 PM.

do what i did put your filler pipe in the trunk

I did hear that cola works very well if you only put enough to spash up to the pump, but the gas floats on top of the cola and bleach etc, so would be very hard to remove without dropping the tank.

How about a good dose of oil ?

Watch for the guy with a big blue cloud behind him.

Well it is an oil, but I dunno if it burns. I think it seeps through to the crankcase and breaks down the motor oil. Spun bearings hopefully.

What about a locking gas cap? Or put a webcam facing the car and have it take pictures every minute or so......
    Revenge sounds nice, but you have to watch it doesn't backfire on you.
    Quando omni flunkus moritati.

Quote Originally Posted by axalon2003 View Post
    What about a locking gas cap? Or put a webcam facing the car and have it take pictures every minute or so......
    Revenge sounds nice, but you have to watch it doesn't backfire on you.
    Ya. I'll probably get sued for putting bad gas in my own tank...'cause all they did was steal gas...not near as bad as potentially destroying their engine...Yeah...I'm worried now. Of course if the mayor is buying gas from the kid on the corner...
    Like I said...if you know some kids that ruined daddy's truck...don't trust 'em. It's a truck with big mud tires too. Very distinctive tracks.
    Last edited by starterwiz; 01-30-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Orrrrr you could just put the messed up gas in a gas can. You KNOW they'll steal a loose gas can if they're taking it right from your tank! Win, win! Your car doesn't get messed up from the mixture AND they'll be stranded. lol

Ohhh... I didn't read that. My bad.

And now that they've read this thread, they're not gonna touch your gas anymore. Smart thinking mister.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    And now that they've read this thread, they're not gonna touch your gas anymore. Smart thinking mister.
    yup, cause everyone is on soonet ya know...it's even more popular than facebook, NOT!

Who pissed in your cornflakes? It was a joke. *shakes head again*
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by mothwoman View Post
    yup, cause everyone is on soonet ya know...it's even more popular than facebook, NOT!
    She is immune to bug zappers because she is a "teflon moth", .... nothing sticks to her, .... and never wrong. There is far too much room between the ears for those moths to fly around, ..... definitely in need of some gray matter up there to complete the "padded cell" atmosphere, ....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    She is immune to bug zappers because she is a "teflon moth", .... nothing sticks to her, .... and never wrong. There is far too much room between the ears for those moths to fly around, ..... definitely in need of some gray matter up there to complete the "padded cell" atmosphere, ....
    talk about someone that can't take a joke! are you for real? LOL

.... if you want this to sound like a joke, at least use a smiley or something, ...

.... lynys used a smiley in her original post, .... see, now that sounds like a joke,.....

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    LOL!! ..easy there mothy
    .... NTP thinks you're a bit off base, ..... notice the "LOL" and the "smiley", .... that also means a joke, ....

.... you weren't dissing me, so I don't care if it was a joke or not, ..... but does this post really sound serious, .... spare me.

talk about someone that can't take a joke! are you for real? LOL
    ... see, now you're learning, .... the "LOL" says you are trying to add some levity to the conversation, .... the class of "Soonet 101 Interpretive Guidelines" is now dismissed, ..... LOL, hahahahahaha, , , , .... "it's a joke boy, .... I say its a joke boy, ...." (my thanks to Longhorn Leghorn)
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

.... if you want this to sound like a joke, at least use a smiley or something, ...

.... lynys used a smiley in her original post, .... see, now that sounds like a joke,.....

.... NTP thinks you're a bit off base, ..... notice the "LOL" and the "smiley", .... that also means a joke, ....

.... you weren't dissing me, so I don't care if it was a joke or not, ..... but does this post really sound serious, .... spare me.

... see, now you're learning, .... the "LOL" says you are trying to add some levity to the conversation, .... the class of "Soonet 101 Interpretive Guidelines" is now dismissed, ..... LOL, hahahahahaha, , , , .... "it's a joke boy, .... I say its a joke boy, ...." (my thanks to Longhorn Leghorn)
    So what your trying to say is use a smiley?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information