Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flying Squirrels

Hybrid View

Default Flying Squirrels

last night was the first time that I have been able to catch a good glimpse of one. When I researeched it said that there are two different one's that are in range in this area, a Southern one and a Northern one. Does anyone know which we have? It was smaller than a chipmunk

Default Re: Flying Squirrels

It must have been the "Southern" one

the funny thing is that there are lots of them around....just have to look or feed them at night/...
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    last night was the first time that I have been able to catch a good glimpse of one. When I researeched it said that there are two different one's that are in range in this area, a Southern one and a Northern one. Does anyone know which we have? It was smaller than a chipmunk
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

I have suspected that they were around before but have never seen them clearly. I do have feeders out during the winter months, but I rarely sit outside with a flashlight. It was such a nice night, I bundled up and sat on the deck

When our kids were young, we used to have a feeder right outside our window just inches from the glass. They'd come at night and sit there eating right in front of us. Even if we turned on flashlights to see them better, they weren't afraid. They are SO sweet looking.

CUTE YES...MY CATS USED TO BRING THEM HOME ON A REGULAR BASIS.. alive most of the time...because them and chipmunks will play dead until the cat lets them go. any way i thought i would be a nice guy and release one from the house after i had caught it.....so cute and scared i thought at the time.....so i proceeded to pick it up with my bare hands,,,,,,bad move...that little sucker clamped onto my fingerr and WOULD'NT LET GO LOLOL........i am sure its bottom and top teeth touched through my finger...lol....i was trying to block its nostrils so that it wouyld let go ... thinking that if it could'nt breathe it would let go....after he released i had to catch it again BUT this time i used gloves, thick ones....you would never think something so little and cute could bite that hard lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    When our kids were young, we used to have a feeder right outside our window just inches from the glass. They'd come at night and sit there eating right in front of us. Even if we turned on flashlights to see them better, they weren't afraid. They are SO sweet looking.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

It's their beady little eyes that make them look cute, like they don't have eyelids?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information