Default Meatloaf from Minnesota

2 lbs. lean ground beef
    1 can Campbells Onion or French Onion Soup
    2 eggs
    1 box Srove Top Stuffing (any flavour)

1 can Campbells Tomato Soup

Mix only the first four ingredients in a large bowl - NOT THE TOMATO SOUP
    Let sit for about 10 minutes

Place in a greased loaf pan ( 1 large or 2 small)

Cover top of meat loaf with 1/2 can of the tomato soup
    Cover with foil
    Bake 350 degress for 40 minuteshour
    Remove foil - add the rest of the tomato soup to the top - cook for another 20 minutres

Remove from oven and let stand 5 mins. then slice and serve

Default Re: Meatloaf from Minnesota

have you tried it? whats it like? whats it like compaired to the meatloaf made with oats or breadcrumbs? texture?

i do love my meatloaf!

I normally do not like meatloaf but this recipe is very good. I especially don't like recipes with oats. You have to let it sit a bit before baking it so the croutons from the stove top stuffing have a chance to absorb all the broth from the onion soup making the meatloaf more on the soft side. If you like a firmer meatloaf then you don't have to let it sit as long before baking. I made it for some friends when we were at the cottage and they liked it also. You can make a gravy for it too and serve with mashed potatoes. I used no name stuffing brand for chicken. Try it and then you will know what to adjust next time you make it. The flavour is exceptional. I hope you like it and let me know if you try it.

i will. not sure when, it is more of a colder weather thing. i make my own with half oats and half soft crumbs. my favorite thing is the sauce, i use ketchup and brownsugar and bake it beside the loaf. thx for posting the recipe. will let you know when i do make it.

Kitca, I think it would be a good idea to use your sauce on the top instead of the tomato soup - I am going to try that next time I make it- thanks

ok. sounds good. that sauce is soooooo good. like a bbq sauce, but just a nice flavour. i make lots because we all like it. (like 2 cups ketchup and maybe 1/2 cup brown sugar) let me know what you think when you try it.

so, i made meatloaf yesterday. my plan was to try your recipe out. im at food basics looking for stove top stuffing. do you think anyone in the whole entire store would know where it is keptÉ the answer is no. they do not. then one guy said, ``why not just make your own stuffing, its better for you anyway`` i thought that was pretty funny. so i had to come home and use my own recipe (which i do love anyway)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information