Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Doggy wash

Default Doggy wash

I must say I am in love with the doggy wash by wacky wings. I just wish they had one in the west end so I didn't have to go all the way down there. I bath three dogs for 8$. I use my own shampoo though. I have it down to a science. I bath the golden first, then the lab, then the chihuahuas. Then I dry the golden first since he takes the longest, the lab second sine she is pretty much dry. She is a mixture of chesapeak and lab, her fur is more of the chesapeak fur and pretty much dries instantly. The chi's towel dry and my bathroom doesn't look like hurricane katrina hit it 6 times over I love it this time of year when the dogs get so dirty from the wet yard and the dust/water from walks. And the water comes out the perfect temp and the pressure is just right!
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

Default Re: Doggy wash

I used to take my dog there, but I couldn't find where you hook the leash to so that the dog stays put...my dog is terrified of the blower lol, so it is hard to control a 150 pound dog holding his leash and using the blower at the same time

exactly - just went there and was soooo frustrated 2 65 lb dogs breaking my shoulder a thousand times over. it was very frustrating. but... like gigglesquirt mentioned, it was very easy (excpet for no hook) and nice and good water, soap, temp, and good high speed dryer too.

Oh, i usualy hook my dogs to my belt loop with a climbing clip. My dogs don't mind the blower so they don't pull me around. They are use to being vacuumed at home.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam, which means "Either I will find a way or I will make one."

I went here once. Ill never go back. It was MUCH easier than washing them at home in my tub! (more room, less cleanup) It was awesome!!!!
    HOWEVER, i had all 4 adults in the back of my van, so i had to pull them out one at a time, by the time the last one was done, my van was soooooooo gross with hair and SLOBBER and window goobers, it took me HOURS to get it clean. there was crusty slobber all over the roof, complete fail. Ill just clean my bathroom next time LOL
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. *Dr Seuss*

it would be so much easier with a clip. actually 2 clips one right in the tub and the other for the other dog waiting in the room. winston managed to open that door and run around the parking lot while we were washing peisha. actually, hubby was alone and said he will never go back because there are no clips either.

other than that i really liked it - they got nice and clean and then dry. we can hose them down in the yard with plain old cold water but they are soaked and stinky. with the wash the dirt comes out better and they smell better. and then we get them mostly dry. but we have to fight them so hard pulling with one arm to hold them steady and aiming the water or blower witht he other hand...

I hate the car wash there, it's so dark in there you can't see how dirty your car is...until you move it outside and see what a crappy job I did.... at $20 a pop I'm better off doing it in my driveway - I have't tried the doggy wash for my dog - I know she would hate in there though...it's not very pet friendly..

yes craig, but when they are stinky and dirty its not what they like - its what i want!!! and you are right, it was very dark. i like the one in comnee ave - just got back from vacuuming and cleaning the car.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information