Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 hype

Question 2012 hype

What are your thoughts on all this hype, about the end of our planet as we know it, or the Mayan calender predictions??
    Just wondering, because December 31st of every year my calendar ends, we have a party and Jan. starts an new calender year.
    As far as planentary alignment, I looked through the NASA site, and no-one belives that the polarization of our planet is eminent.
    We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey

Default Re: 2012 hype

My thoughts are it's complete BS

i agree, nothing will happen but the build up will get its 15 minutes and more

it'll be a bigger disappointment than the millennium clock thing 12 years ago
    Fate is just the weight of circumstances.

It is something to occupy the Chicken Little's among us for a bit. They do so enjoy getting into a tizzy.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Banned

I am amazed we even have to discuss it. I thought y2k was way more credible and even that was beyond far fetched. The only thing I will stock up on is booze. For New Years.

IMHO

Just like the Jehovahs...always making prefictions that never come true.

IF IT WAS TRUE....would you do anyhting differntly between now and then?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Just like the Jehovahs...always making prefictions that never come true.

IF IT WAS TRUE....would you do anyhting differntly between now and then?
    I wish I could predict when they come to my door. I would like to thank them for the wonderful papers they give me. I wash my car windows with them and they come out heavenly. If I wasn't a coward I would punch the duo that come to your door and the older duo that sit in the car while the others go door to door. But they are usually 90 years old so I listen and take pleasure knowing that soon they will die and turn to dust.

" On October 7, 1950, the New York Yankees defeated the Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series. It happened 29 years after the first Yankees victory in the World Series in 1921. And so 50 years before the year 2000 will occur, the Yankees won the World Series. "

explains it all.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by offical cat's ghost View Post
    I wish I could predict when they come to my door. I would like to thank them for the wonderful papers they give me. I wash my car windows with them and they come out heavenly. If I wasn't a coward I would punch the duo that come to your door and the older duo that sit in the car while the others go door to door. But they are usually 90 years old so I listen and take pleasure knowing that soon they will die and turn to dust.
    I must be a real sinner in the eyes of jehovva...they come to our house EVERY saturday...we never answer the door for them. When I was young you used to see them with a little girl in hand all dressed in her finest, complete with patton leather shoes.

So even IF the world were to end in Dec. 2012 why bother stockpiling anything? There would be two possible scenarios here.

1. The world ends, we are all blown to smithereens and no one survives.

2. The world ends as we know it. Some die right away, others die within a few months when their supplies run out - assuming they are lucky enough not to be killed by looters who know they have a stockpile.

Personally not sweating it, but if it does happen I'm banking on being in the group that goes first! If not, I'd rather not prolong the suffering.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

sitting in a rocking chair in the good ole Soo

Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    So even IF the world were to end in Dec. 2012 why bother stockpiling anything? There would be two possible scenarios here.

1. The world ends, we are all blown to smithereens and no one survives.

2. The world ends as we know it. Some die right away, others die within a few months when their supplies run out - assuming they are lucky enough not to be killed by looters who know they have a stockpile.

Personally not sweating it, but if it does happen I'm banking on being in the group that goes first! If not, I'd rather not prolong the suffering.
    My thoughts exactly. I have no intention of stockpiling, etc. If whatever world-wide catastrophe happens, I want to be outta here tout-suite. I want to be at ground zero and be on my way to wherever.
    For the beauty of the earth,
    For the beauty of the skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Karen-Annie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have no intention of stockpiling, etc. If whatever world-wide catastrophe happens, I want to be outta here tout-suite. I want to be at ground zero and be on my way to wherever.

I agree 100%

What exactly is supposed to happen on Dec 21, 2012?
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

I'll be one of the looters. We'll figure out how to sustain society, kill the weak, and end up re-populating the world. Fun times!
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    I'll be one of the looters. We'll figure out how to sustain society, kill the weak, and end up re-populating the world. Fun times!
    Me too

Banned

Hunger games.

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    I'll be right behind you..........stalking you! ;-)
    ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•. ¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    Ya bored and want to do a little reading?

http://www.google.ca/search?q=what+i...ient=firefox-a
    LOL.

I guess I should have asked, "What does the OP and others who responded they want to go first, think will happen on Dec 21, 2012?"
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    LOL.

I guess I should have asked, "What does the OP and others who responded they want to go first, think will happen on Dec 21, 2012?"
    Nothing that is not happening on the 20th and the 22nd. Exactly the same as all the other doomsday spoofs.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Loot the rich and make them the slaves of the new society...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information