Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

  1. #1
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    When buying and selling sex in Canada is legal, how do you decide what parts of Canada’s Criminal Code criminalizing prostitution-related activities are unconstitutional and deserving of abolition?

    Look at the decision from the Ontario Court of Appeal in Canada v. Bedford 2012 ONCA 186 and recognize that while you still cannot communicate in public or in a motor vehicle to discuss the sale of sex, you can sell sex, just like before, without fear of arrest, and in twelve months you can legally offer sexual services from your own bedroom, without being charged for running or occupying a “common bawdy-house”.

    So, what is a “common bawdy-house”? The words are used interchangeably with “brothel” and connote vulgarity, indecency, and debauchery. The Ontario Court did not strike down the law on keeping or occupying a common bawdy-house, rather they deleted the word “prostitution” from the definition section which now reads:

    “a common bawdy-house is a place kept or occupied for the purpose of prostitution or the practice of acts of indecency”.

    With one stroke of a judicial pen, sex workers can soon legally offer their services from their home, an option that was otherwise unavailable to them.

    http://blogs.canada.com/2012/03/26/p...you-can-do-it/




    Kind of like a Canadian version of 'Don't Ask-Don't Tell'?
    Serene

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,035

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Must be nice to let it out finally.
    Stifling your obsession must have drove you crazy.
    ....just 2 threads?

  3. #3
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    My time away has made me feel much more compassion for Canada, believe me. This place more or less died when I was gone. That's telling.
    Serene

  4. #4
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    1 viewing to 12 viewings.

    I win
    Serene

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,035

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Yeah, that recording breaking weather was hard to take.

    So, you sat for what a month and that's the best you can do?

    ...much to do about nothing.

  6. #6
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Ummm, it's "much ado" about nothing, Jack.
    Serene

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi
    Posts
    7,035

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    I'm glad you agree....moving on!

  8. #8
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    19,815

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWGR View Post
    When buying and selling sex in Canada is legal, how do you decide what parts of Canada’s Criminal Code criminalizing prostitution-related activities are unconstitutional and deserving of abolition?

    Look at the decision from the Ontario Court of Appeal in Canada v. Bedford 2012 ONCA 186 and recognize that while you still cannot communicate in public or in a motor vehicle to discuss the sale of sex, you can sell sex, just like before, without fear of arrest, and in twelve months you can legally offer sexual services from your own bedroom, without being charged for running or occupying a “common bawdy-house”.

    So, what is a “common bawdy-house”? The words are used interchangeably with “brothel” and connote vulgarity, indecency, and debauchery. The Ontario Court did not strike down the law on keeping or occupying a common bawdy-house, rather they deleted the word “prostitution” from the definition section which now reads:

    “a common bawdy-house is a place kept or occupied for the purpose of prostitution or the practice of acts of indecency”.

    With one stroke of a judicial pen, sex workers can soon legally offer their services from their home, an option that was otherwise unavailable to them.

    http://blogs.canada.com/2012/03/26/p...you-can-do-it/




    Kind of like a Canadian version of 'Don't Ask-Don't Tell'?
    You're just jealous.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    I wonder what our more religious Canadian members think. I'm sure they are thrilled. /s
    Serene

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    33,989

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Those of us not in habit of inviting others to join in our debauchery are appalled by these developments, but not surprised.
    Work, work, work, work!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Those of us not in habit of inviting others to join in our debauchery are appalled by these developments, but not surprised.
    Your anger is getting the best of you, Soundy

    I'm pretty sure your definition of "debauchery" is drinking a Coke really fast, and then seeing who can burp the loudest. It's partly responsible for your wild popularity in here.
    Serene

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    33,989

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    And your idea of debauchery, often bragged about, is much less spoken about in decent company.
    Work, work, work, work!!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    And your idea of debauchery, often bragged about, is much less spoken about in decent company.
    Eating lots of beans and farting in public???
    Serene

  14. #14
    Senior Member NewCasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.
    Posts
    7,995

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    I guess if it all passes it'll give a new meaning to cross-border shopping.

  15. #15
    Senior Member RWGR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The recesses of your mind
    Posts
    24,838

    Default Re: What Do Ye All Think of Us?

    Quote Originally Posted by NewCasa View Post
    I guess if it all passes it'll give a new meaning to cross-border shopping.
    That was a debauched comment. Hope you like roasted marshmallows...
    Serene

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts