Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tankless water heaters

Default Re: Tankless water heaters

Quote Originally Posted by offical cat's ghost View Post
    I wonder how people with big beards get crumbs out of it.
    I wouldn't know.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I beg to differ... "Hey, Union Gas customers - happy dance time!" prices drop. There is a large supply of natural gas; prices will be low for some time now.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ls.asp?c=40316

We got a new gas furnace for this winter and it's been great. The bills are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than our old electric forced air. The difference in payments should be made up within the next five years. Henderson installed a carrier unit, great service and installation. They did what we requested and even went as far to suggest that for the amount of people in our household (2) the tankless would not be worth the investment, therefore we still have an electric hot water tank.
    I second this. We just switched to gas heat from oil. With just the difference in heating costs we will have our furnace completely paid off in 14 months!
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    I second this. We just switched to gas heat from oil. With just the difference in heating costs we will have our furnace completely paid off in 14 months!
    I will Third this....lol. We switched to gas from oil last fall and the difference in price is very significant. I also find it a much nicer heat

Check out LyonsTimbr-Mart they have new hybrid water heaters.
    http://products.geappliances.com/App...ku=GEH50DNSRSA

Our furnace is from Hendersons too. We had our gas heater taken out. Too expensive for 2 people. Our electric water heater has sprung a leak too. Our son who works at Hendersons is getting one from his dealer with $100 off. But we have a rain check. Son will change it when said tank comes in . We had our water heater for about 18 yrs and it was second hand from a guy who worked at the puc. I am told it is not hard to change one but I have no idea if it's true or not. Canadian tire sell them and if you can get someone to install it.......your looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by 98sierra View Post
    Check out LyonsTimbr-Mart they have new hybrid water heaters.
    http://products.geappliances.com/App...ku=GEH50DNSRSA

$1400 wow

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    $1400 wow
    That's what I thought, too. AND it's so noisy you have to install it in the garage.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

when we built here 3 yrs ago we looked into the tankless water heater and as stated was told our water is to cold and its not recomended,

as for heat we heat with oil, could not pay me to put gas in, as you pay for it when you are not even using it in the summer, unless things have changed, you still have a regualer minum bill each month when not in use.

this yr to heat our house. which is new I understand, we spent the extra and insulated well above code, we paid 370.00 to heat the house for the winter, divide that by 12, and it works out to. 30.84 cents a month to heat our house, you pay more then that in delivery cost of product that sits in the line.. to me gas has no comparisson with a oil, our Puc hovers around 150 a month average and we are a family of 5.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information