Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smoker recipes?

Default Smoker recipes?

We just bought a smoker and are looking forward to putting it to good use. If anyone on here has any tried and true recipes, please share them. Anything involving turkey, chicken, beef, pork, sausages, etc?
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Default Re: Smoker recipes?

Loopy, I don't have a smoker but I did see LouAna Peanut Oil, 3 gallons (11.3 L) at USA Walmart for $38.64 for smokers. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Time is a great teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Quote Originally Posted by Genny View Post
    Loopy, I don't have a smoker but I did see LouAna Peanut Oil, 3 gallons (11.3 L) at USA Walmart for $38.64 for smokers. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Why do you need peanut oil for a smoker?
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

If you can't feed them, don't breed them!

Loopy,

I go to Wal-Mart across and buy beef brisket and this is how I prepare it.

Mix a bag of brown sugar with black pepper, salt, onion powder, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper to taste and then mix about 1.5 cups of balsamic vinegar to the ingredients to make a paste. With a fork pierce the brisket all over to allow the marinade to get into the meat. Place it in a container big enough to hold the slab of beef and with your hands rub in the marinade you made all over the meat. Keep it in the fridge for a day or two and a few times go back turn the meat in the container and rub the spice mix into it by hand.
    Then I put it in the smoker at 220F with the smoke on for 2 hours only and usually use maple or apple smoke brickettes. Then continue cooking it in the smoker for about 6 more hours or until it is cooked to your liking. Do not remove any of the fat from the brisket and when you put it in the smoker put it in fat side up. It comes out very moist, juicy and tender this way. I make it like this all the time and everyone who tries it loves it.

I have more recipes I will share in the next few days but I never measure anyting I always go by eye, taste and experience.
    When I make up a lie and can not back out of it, I will just say I am leaving town for a funeral and that should cover up the lie.
    Self-laudation abounds among the unpolished; but nothing can stamp a person more sharply as ill-bred.

Try this website too http://www.bradleysmoker.com/bradley-recipes/. I have the bradley smoker and use a lot of the recipes and tweak them to our liking.

Thanks!! It's the Bradley digital smoker we bought. The beef sounds tasty. I'll check out their site and see what looks appealing. Since we raise our own meat, we're hoping to do bacon, etc. It sucks that we can't have someone else smoke your bacon when you have your critter butchered. Suck it Health Canada.....we'll do it ourselves.
    Evil Monkey, Bradley has an app for the IPhone/IPod in case you're interested that is pretty good but since I haven't got internet at home, I can't enjoy it.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information