This dessert needs to be chilled for about 4 hours before serving.
16 Oreo cookies (use regular size cookies)
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine , melted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese , softened
1/2 cup smooth reese's peanut butter (can use a different brand of peanut butter)
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar , divided
1 (16 ounce) container cool whip frozen whipped topping , thawed and divided
12 Reese's Peanut Butter cups , chopped (can use more or less)
1 cup cold half-and-half cream (can use milk)
1 (4 ounce) package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
1. Prepare a 9-inch pan.
2. Coarsely chop all of the peanut butter cups; set aside.
3. For the crust; finely crush 16 Oreo cookies in a processor; toss with melted butter or margarine.
4. Press into the bottom of the pan; place in refrigerator while preparing the filling.
5. In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese with peanut butter until smooth.
6. Add in 1 cup confectioners sugar and beat until combined and smooth.
7.Fold in HALF of the thawed Cool Whip topping.
8. Spread over the crust.
9. Sprinkle with half of the chopped peanut butter cups.
10. In another bowl beat half and half cream or milk with chocolate pudding mix and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar on low speed of an electric mix until combined and smooth, then fold in remaining Cool Whip topping.
11. Spread over the chopped peanut butter cups.
12. Sprinkle the remaining chopped peanut butter cups over the top.
13. Cover and chill a minimum of 4 or more hours.