Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drain saver

Lightbulb Drain saver

While bathing 3 of the pugs the other night I desperately needed something to stop their hair from getting down the drain. I had thought to use a cheap sponge....no go. Out of desperation, I used the hair from my hairbrush and it worked better than I could have dreamed.
    I didn't have a hair catcher and I fill the tub a bit so I can scrub dirty bellies/underlegs and when the water drained I switched from the plug to the hair and it worked like a charm.
    So if you are ever caught without usual hair catcher and your dog decides to roll in something really stinky like mine do, you can use human hair from the brush to save your drain. Just make sure you've got enough in the brush.

If you have a helpful dog or cat tip, I wouldn't be offended in the least if you hijacked to share it.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Default Re: Drain saver

Hi Loopy, good idea - but I never have enough hair in my brush. What I use is cheesecloth over the drain, weighted down by a shampoo bottle or 2. I bath Chico the same way, a little water in the tub first, shampoo, then a shower to rinse.
    Time is a great teacher, unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Default Re: Drain saver

A piece of an old screen from a window works for me.
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most
    fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be
    understanding and forgiving."

Dale Carnegie

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information