Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about facebook

Default question about facebook

i have never signed up or played any of those facebook games. ever. my hubby just got facebook a few months ago and i was checking something out on his account and found these message apparently i had sent to him from someething called the truth game. and i had apparently posted these stupid pictures from the truth game. does anyone know why facebook is sending these stupid things out saying that they are from me? im kind of embarrased because i would never do something like that.

Default Re: question about facebook

I think you can cancel anything you want. Or just ignore it.
    Work, work, work, work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    i have never signed up or played any of those facebook games. ever. my hubby just got facebook a few months ago and i was checking something out on his account and found these message apparently i had sent to him from someething called the truth game. and i had apparently posted these stupid pictures from the truth game. does anyone know why facebook is sending these stupid things out saying that they are from me? im kind of embarrased because i would never do something like that.
    It's a facebook virus. Probably one of your friends clicked something and it hijacked all THEIR friends, including you. It happens, unfortunately, without you ever knowing unless someone comments on it.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

thanks tutones. that makes me feel a little better. some of my friends have this thing too that i see posted, and then the times that they posted it and i think to myself, 'get a life!" so now i know its not real. thanks.

This isn't a virus. It is similar to a mass email. The makers of the game, with the cooperation of Facebook, send out 'teasers' made to look like they are being sent by people on your friends list. They hope to entice you into playing their games and getting access to 'your friends' list, to forward the same 'teasers'. They want you to go to their page so you will be bombarded with their ads..thus helping their income and profits. (Each so many ads seen, pays so many cents.)

I stay away from facebook.
    1. I do not need any more contact with people than I have now.
    2. Who knows what you say will be hijacked and end up who knows where ?
    3.I spend enuf time on computers without the addition of facebook or twitter for that matter.

i joined facebook waaaaay back so i could 'creep' my then teenage daughter. but she wouldnt accept me so i could never 'creep' her anyway. but, what i have found is that somehow people from way back in the past have found me and i think that is really neat. i have reconnected with old old friends that had lost touch, changed addresses ... ... so i think that is really cool. my hubby joined becaause he found out alot of his long lost cousins in quebec are using it. now is is connected with them and can see pictures and share about their lives - all stuff they never would have done on the phone or letters or email.

Apparently some of you know who i am, because when i post on facebook you get pissed off, and post on soonet, what ever. Example, welfare
    Cukoo for Cocoa Puffs

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

The truth hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by The 6th Member Of AC/DC View Post
    The truth hurts!
    No, i dont care, just sad that people feel the need to creep me from soonet, its pathetic. I dont care who any of you are !
    The edit to the post, i also dont care about any of you, i want you to know that !
    Last edited by Soonet-china; 04-16-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Cukoo for Cocoa Puffs

you are not my daughter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information