Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there another movie being filmed in the Sault?

Default Is there another movie being filmed in the Sault?

Default Re: Is there another movie being filmed in the Sault?

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    Yup new movie...

"The Big Le does Albert Street"
    I want to be an extra, will walk street for free,lol
    Cukoo for Cocoa Puffs

Yep.....another production company raping the Soo for free site locations, extras, and publicity. Another "D" movie (won't even qualify to be rated B or C) that will tour the has-been film festivals and end up on a shelf never to be released.

Lets get excited Sault Ste. Marie, ..... grab the soap and bend over, ... this won't hurt a bit.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

sitting in a rocking chair in the good ole Soo

From the Sault Star:
    http://www.saultstar.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3540109

Heather Graham, Carrie-Ann Moss, Kevin Dillon and Joe Mantegna aren't exactly unknown names in the movie and television worlds and seem to be getting acting gigs on a pretty regular basis. To get an Oscar winning, well-respected cinematographer to come out of retirement and shoot a movie in what many consider the back of beyond tells me he must see something pretty good about this particular project. Many of the production people are Sault Ste. Marie natives. And, of course, there are the extras.

I'm sorry but I don't get why there is such negativity about this. Every time a movie is shot here and has a good experience it adds to giving our fair city a reputation as a great place to use. We are seeing the projects rising in terms of quality, star "power", etc. And while there is some grant money in play and some locales might be "donated" for use, there is still money dropped in the Soo.

And at least the stuff shot here has been nothing as truly tacky as an episode of The Real Housewives of (insert version name) franchise or Jersey Shores.
    For the beauty of the earth,
    For the beauty of the skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Karen-Annie View Post
    From the Sault Star:

Heather Graham, Carrie-Ann Moss, Kevin Dillon and Joe Mantegna aren't exactly unknown names in the movie and television worlds and seem to be getting acting gigs on a pretty regular basis.
    I have to get out more, it is obvious as not one of these names are familiar to myself. Not a one.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

I love Kevin Dillon; particularly when in his role as Drama on Entourage. Damn, I miss that show. *grins*
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    Yep.....another production company raping the Soo for free site locations, extras, and publicity. Another "D" movie (won't even qualify to be rated B or C) that will tour the has-been film festivals and end up on a shelf never to be released.

Lets get excited Sault Ste. Marie, ..... grab the soap and bend over, ... this won't hurt a bit.
    I doubt the local hotels and eateries share your opinion.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Realistically though, just how many people would they in fact bring into the area? Not that many I am sure. The "stars" and necessary actors for the scenes, any skilled labour of course and that is it say 15 maybe 20 people. Not that big a "kick" for the local economy. They ask for and receive for free stand-ins, autos etc. People are always happy as hell to say or show you what they "did".
    Joseph Joubert

From the Sault Star:

Heather Graham, Carrie-Ann Moss, Kevin Dillon and Joe Mantegna aren't exactly unknown names in the movie and television worlds and seem to be getting acting gigs on a pretty regular basis. To get an Oscar winning, well-respected cinematographer to come out of retirement and shoot a movie in what many consider the back of beyond tells me he must see something pretty good about this particular project. Many of the production people are Sault Ste. Marie natives. And, of course, there are the extras.

I'm sorry but I don't get why there is such negativity about this. Every time a movie is shot here and has a good experience it adds to giving our fair city a reputation as a great place to use. We are seeing the projects rising in terms of quality, star "power", etc. And while there is some grant money in play and some locales might be "donated" for use, there is still money dropped in the Soo.

And at least the stuff shot here has been nothing as truly tacky as an episode of The Real Housewives of (insert version name) franchise or Jersey Shores.
    I agree, only I'm in the same boat as Anapeg... never heard of any of those names either.

Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    I agree, only I'm in the same boat as Anapeg... never heard of any of those names either.
    I am dead serious when I say that makes me feel better. I seem to be odd man out when it comes to people of celebrity.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Realistically though, just how many people would they in fact bring into the area?
    There were quite a few trailers set up at that old steel fabrication shop on Trunk Rd. by the eastern city limits (I forget the name) yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    There were quite a few trailers set up at that old steel fabrication shop on Trunk Rd. by the eastern city limits (I forget the name) yesterday
    So there goes profits for hotel and motel coffers. If one is a kitchen unit no need for a caterer. And if for sleeping allow one person for each trailer. These outfits are out to MAKE big money not SPEND it.
    Joseph Joubert

maybe heather graham needs more ink done... that would be cool yes?!
    Fate is just the weight of circumstances.

Heather graham was in Hangover movie..She played the stripper and in Austin Powers movie, as Austins love interest

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    You don't know much about the film business.

They bring in trailers and motor homes for the cast to stay in as to avoid the nuisance that the public causes when they have open access to the "stars" of the cast. if you ever watch the credits of a movie and was wondering what "Kraft" was when you see it listed, that is a mobile food service that prepares meals and snacks for cast and crew. The production set up does not want to spend unnecessary time on location while cast and crew dine at local restaurants. Also, many actors are quite particular about what they eat and who prepares it and will not trust a local restaurant to prepare their food. The inside of a kraft trailer is full of shelves with a broad selection of foods for the finicky.

Heather Graham, Carrie-Ann Moss, Kevin Dillon and Joe Mantegna aren't exactly unknown names in the movie and television worlds and seem to be getting acting gigs on a pretty regular basis.
    They are recognized names, but far from stars.

To get an Oscar winning, well-respected cinematographer to come out of retirement and shoot a movie in what many consider the back of beyond tells me he must see something pretty good about this particular project.
    A cinematographer who has been retired is probably out of touch with the technology used in modern film making. Cinematographers are constantly upgrading with very expensive seminars about the latest in the art.

Many of the production people are Sault Ste. Marie natives. And, of course, there are the extras.
    Yeah, so they are familiar with how the industry is able to "rape" this community while other cities charge significant and acceptable fees for such things as location permits and use of local facilities. This city is running scared with the notion that this work won't come here if we don't give it away. We don't benefit from films being made here, .... annoyed and inconvenienced by road closures is more like it.

I'm sorry but I don't get why there is such negativity about this. Every time a movie is shot here and has a good experience it adds to giving our fair city a reputation as a great place to use. We are seeing the projects rising in terms of quality, star "power", etc.
    Yep, word gets out, .... use the Soo before they smarten up and start charging us like everybody else does.

And while there is some grant money in play and some locales might be "donated" for use, there is still money dropped in the Soo.
    Nothing significant is "dropped" here. Film makers are very frugal.

Those are TV series, not movies, .... very big difference.

zelda rottencrotch????i went to school with her lol.....but heather graham....now we are talkin"
    Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    Extra???? ..You are the big Kahuna, the star!!!
    Your co-star will be the famous Zelda Rottencrotch.. lol
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    I am dead serious when I say that makes me feel better. I seem to be odd man out when it comes to people of celebrity.
    I was with you both on not recognizing the names of the stars... except for Heather Graham (that one I knew lol) but I'm better with faces so I googled them... now I recognize them all. lol

I'm seein' stars now....

Thought I'd share in case anyone else needs to make the connection the same way I did lol

Heather Graham

Carrie-Anne Moss

Kevin Dillon

Joe Mantegna
    Sometimes, things are not as they appear. Don't judge what u know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by dOg LoVeR View Post
    I was with you both on not recognizing the names of the stars... except for Heather Graham (that one I knew lol) but I'm better with faces so I googled them... now I recognize them all. lol

I'm seein' stars now....

Thought I'd share in case anyone else needs to make the connection the same way I did lol

Heather Graham

Carrie-Anne Moss

Kevin Dillon

Joe Mantegna
    Yep, recognizable, but not really "stars".

Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    Yep, recognizable, but not really "stars".
    more famous than me lol
    Sometimes, things are not as they appear. Don't judge what u know nothing about.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information