Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I can hear him !

Hybrid View

Default I can hear him !

My cat is less then 2yrs old,got him when he was as big as my palm. I can hear him jump from the countertop to the floor,it's irking me. I have never put him on it, so I don't know where he got it from, but he better stop . I do not leave food on the counter , he has no business up there . How do I stop him from this. I was told a woman used spray-on glue that does not dry and let him try it then, I think I may just do that . My counter is clean , you get a cat from his litter box with germs on his feet doing this is awefull . Any suggestions ? I cannot catch him in the act .
    That's what she said !

Default Re: I can hear him !

It is in their nature to seek out higher places.
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

I like watching him in my bedroom when he is about to jump on my tall dresser, he gets all twitchy and his tail starts flinching then he jumps,and trust me for a stubby legged cat,and abit husky has alot of air in his jumps. Is it possible for a cat to understand verbal commands?,Seems he knows what i say and when i say it and why. Also he walks away on his own just meandering around and kinda purrs, but it sounds like talk not sure lol. thanks joy.
    That's what she said !

AmdWolfman does your cat have a scratching post /tree at all at your place? If not either get him one or build one thats tall and put it by a window so he can see outside.

Try making it different levels so that its not the same, maybe put some toys on it, and have them so you can switch the toys once in awhile so theyre not the same all the time....

I am going to do that,thanks candy. He is walking the top of my bedroom door which is like MAYBE two inches wide. I think it's pretty cool watching him. He has small little chubby legs,does not look strangely,but he is very solid and can can jump 4ft. standing still. even when we play fight he does not use his claws at all. I taught him that btw. Now we just fight and he uses his teeth very gingerly. I put a piece of rubber hanging from a hallway entrance and he attacks it with his teeth,actually hangs on like a pitbull would with a tire. Very strong kitty.
    That's what she said !

lol...thats cute!

You're welcome!!

Pets are kind of like babies I find in the matter that they get bored of the same toys etc all the time so if you switch it up they don't get bored so easily.

And if you find hes going on your counters maybe try putting some black pepper on certain areas so that when he goes up there he might end up sneezing and not want to be up there eventually...lol...its just a thought Ive never tried it, but hey you never know until you try it right?! :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information