Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Can't I Own a Canadian?

Default Re: Why Can't I Own a Canadian?

BTW, this thread belongs in the religion forum. Just because something has been repeated 6 times does not qualify it for the Soapbox. When the Soapbox begins another "Who has the best pizza in town thread" for the gazillionth time, they don't move it over to the religion forum!
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Interpretations are of primary importance, or we would not know a blessed thing.
    If trusting God is not of primary importance, then we run the risk of worshipping the bible, as some do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Butler View Post
    Why can't I just read it and take it for what it is...like anything else I read?

Why do you want to change it?
    Change it??

I don't want to change anything.

If you think your own cultural biases don't affect what you read, then your understanding of any written thing is skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    "Maybe" there's a moderator around who will move this to the appropriate forum?
    NOW you're bothered by it???

When we die, we turn to dust. Nothing continues, we are just gone. I have faith in that.
    Coke Zero reminds you that there is no advertising on this site. No refreshing, thirst quenching advertising with zero calories.

Seeing as Blue rightly suggested it be moved to the religion forum where it belongs, and instead you had to continue on with your God and bible talk, YES!! ..me and many others, no doubt
    It IS your new job to make sure things are put where they belong!!
    If your first post here was to ask for the move, I might have been able to hear you.

There's been input before AND after that request, so I really don't see your problem.

Don't like the thread, let it drop off the page.

Banned
    Intersection of Hwy. 49 & 61 Clarksdale, Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Change it??

I don't want to change anything.

If you think your own cultural biases don't affect what you read, then your understanding of any written thing is skewed.
    So, why post a link with what you call answers?

If you didn't want to change it, why post the link?

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Here is what the Bible actually says to this, NewCasa.
    "No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also."

It's a package deal. Father and Son come together or not at all. One can believe in the existence of God, without accepting Jesus, His Son, but that doesn't cause one to be right with Him. One must come to terms with the sin question in one's life, and that can only happen through the Son, Jesus Christ. He paid the penalty for sin, and that's why he said, "No one comes to the Father but by/through me."
    Yes. I know this, however the word 'God' is more of a title than a name. Your God has one name, while others have their own God or Gods, which have different names. You see? Follow the thought through and you will see that when a Christian claims that anyone who is talking about God is talking about the Christian God, this is as arrogant as someone who talks about a car and expects them to know that they are talking about a Volkswagen Beetle because in their eyes there is really only one car.

Actually, this does NOT belong in the Religion forum. The subject matter is NOT religion, it is intolerance. In this case, as in many it has been justified using Religion, however that does not make the subject Religion. Any ensuing Religious discussion is just a by-product - not the intended topic.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCasa View Post
    Actually, this does NOT belong in the Religion forum. The subject matter is NOT religion, it is intolerance. In this case, as in many it has been justified using Religion, however that does not make the subject Religion. Any ensuing Religious discussion is just a by-product - not the intended topic.
    I agree. It IS intolerance. The question is (considering the stupid arguments) who is intolerant??

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Butler View Post
    So, why post a link with what you call answers?

If you didn't want to change it, why post the link?
    Excuse me, Jack, it is not my intent to change the bible. That's what I meant, and I'm sure you know that.

And, since the OP lists a bunch of supposedly bible based problems, it seems only reasonable to respond in the same way, by posting a link that addresses the foolishness of the OP.

IMO.

Yes. I know this, however the word 'God' is more of a title than a name. Your God has one name, while others have their own God or Gods, which have different names. You see? Follow the thought through and you will see that when a Christian claims that anyone who is talking about God is talking about the Christian God, this is as arrogant as someone who talks about a car and expects them to know that they are talking about a Volkswagen Beetle because in their eyes there is really only one car.
    A small note. God Almighty has NO name!!!

A small note. God Almighty has NO name!!!
    As a matter of fact, the Christian God does have a name - you must've just missed the memo.

And in terms of tolerance vs. intolerance, I would say that someone who condemns a large part of humanity based on their sexual proclivity and goes on to justify this condemnation with a fairly obscure portion of scripture which is accompanied by the other examples shown in the rebuttal would be considered intolerant. Does this person represent ALL Christians? I would say certainly not. The point was about intolerance. Don't bother getting defensive. We all know how tolerant you are.

Yep, I know yer all wise.

You could quote me on what you think I believe, if you could find it.

Which you can't.

If trusting God is not of primary importance, then we run the risk of worshipping the bible, as some do.
    If your first post here was to ask for the move, I might have been able to hear you.

There's been input before AND after that request, so I really don't see your problem.

Don't like the thread, let it drop off the page.
    How about I agree with NTP. You want to spewl Religion, take it to that forum, not here Mr. Moderator . You are suppose to know better. Even helping to hi-jack a post?????
    STUCK IN A SNOWBANK-WAITING FOR SPRING !

Yep, I know yer all wise.

You could quote me on what you think I believe, if you could find it.

Which you can't.
    SB it is a rare post in which you do not talk about what you believe. You post about little else - even when it's irrelevant to the current conversation. You attempts to pervert most of the threads you post in to religious threads are well known. I just couldn't be bothered searching all the drivel you post to come up with something proving that point, which is well enough known that it needs no further proof.

SB it is a rare post in which you do not talk about what you believe. You post about little else - even when it's irrelevant to the current conversation. You attempts to pervert most of the threads you post in to religious threads are well known. I just couldn't be bothered searching all the drivel you post to come up with something proving that point, which is well enough known that it needs no further proof.
    Of course you can't be bothered. I know why. And I really don't care what you think about it.

BTW, your comment about perverting threads is just your succumbing to the "advertising' of somebody who hates to have his off topcs and insults removed.

So, have a nice day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    How about I agree with NTP. You want to spewl Religion, take it to that forum, not here Mr. Moderator . You are suppose to know better. Even helping to hi-jack a post?????
    Don't like the thread, let it drop off the page. Simple.

Power trip much??

Will this be your next advice? ...
    I can see it now. Whiners if I leave it, whiners if I delete it, whiners if I move it.

Thanks for today's chuckle!!

I can see it now. Whiners if I leave it, whiners if I delete it, whiners if I move it.

Thanks for today's chuckle!!
    ..... and content if you could be consistent, .... give that one a try.
    www.freesoo.freeforums.org

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information