Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life Alert Question

Angry Life Alert Question

Everytime I see that Life Alert add on TV (the one where the lady has fallen and can't get up) I wonder. It is great that she can push the button and call for help...but...how the heck do those rescuers get into her house(assuming the doors are locked). Surely the company does not have a spare key for every house they service.

Default Re: Life Alert Question

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Everytime I see that Life Alert add on TV (the one where the lady has fallen and can't get up) I wonder. It is great that she can push the button and call for help...but...how the heck do those rescuers get into her house(assuming the doors are locked). Surely the company does not have a spare key for every house they service.
    If I were in need of life alert, I would ensure that I had a lock with a passcode instead of a key, in case of emergency. The company would then be able to pass on the emergency code to the ambulance.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

This happened right next door and trust me entering was not a problem.
    I don't share my thoughts because I think I might change the minds of those of opposing views, I share my thoughts to show those who share my views they are not alone.

My grandmother had one and had to use it several times. First what happens is that the person pushes the button and there is a speaker so if they can speak back and forth great if not then the other thing that happens is that you have emergency contacts, my mom was notified when the button was pushed, they had my moms home, cell and work number. emergency services were sent out and there were never issues with getting in. If needed they will kick the door in or get in through a window. If you or a loved one has one please ensure you keep it close to the person. My grandmother made the mistake one night to take it off when she went to bed and put it on her dresser. Why she didn't hang it on her bedpost or put it on the night table not sure. However what is done is done she left it on the dresser and in the morning she had a crisis she couldn't reach the alarm, she collapsed on the bed and was there for hours and nearly slipped into a diabetic coma. My mom found her and pushed the button.....so just make sure it is kept close to the person at all times.
    MagicFingers

Banned

I've fallen, and I can't remember my entrance code!

My friend got one when she lived on her own because of her seizures. She got a holder you can hang on the outside door that you can place the key in. It has a combination and the life alert people had the combination and the emergency services can get into the house that way. Its a good idea so that the emergency services dont have to kick open the door if its locked, and also you arent spending money on a new door everytime something terrible happens.

Thanks for the answer...I would be a little hesitant to hang a key outside but it sure beats breaking down a door.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Thanks for the answer...I would be a little hesitant to hang a key outside but it sure beats breaking down a door.
    not hanging a key it is a.combination lock box th at has the key inside...like what realestate agents have. it attaches to the **** of the door.
    MagicFingers

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see. Thanks my curiosity has been put to rest.

can you believe it stared out K N O B in my previous post....what is wrong with that word?
    MagicFingers

Methinks the owners are a bit over protective?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information