Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Investigation of unusual death at SAH

Default Investigation of unusual death at SAH

http://www.saultthisweek.com/Article...aspx?e=3556014

Hope it's the recent one with the baby, stillborn after the staff broke the mother's water, then when the baby got into distress, couldn't dig up an anesthesiologist, for the C-section, for an hour.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Default Re: Investigation of unusual death at SAH

I know abut that too SB, and is not a nice situation at all

O.O

Whether that is what is being investigated, or not, THAT case requires MANY heads to roll. OMG, the poor family.

Banned

I believe the death under investigation occured on april 30, and does not involve a child.

not sure how true but i heard it was a suicide (the unusual death) As for the baby dieing i hadn't heard about it however, there may not need any heads to roll. sometimes it happens and sometimes there is nothing that can be done, staff could follow all protocals and something bad can still happen. Child birth although a natural processs in life is still a very tricky thing.
    MagicFingers

Banned

I heard it was 3 different things. So we have a baby death, a suicide and someone with not one but two pairs of jeans. Four legged person perhaps or someone who is inclined to pee accidents?

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    .... by the way i have nothing to do with SAH,,, just a great supporter, as we got great service while there!
    uh huh...
    Fate is just the weight of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    just a great supporter, as we got great service while there!
    Great service? I have yet to see anyone get great or even good service for that matter. Yes some good staff but definately some not good staff and with cut backs patients waiting for hours for simple things like get out of bed.

My grandmother while there (3 months) she would wait for more than an hour when told she needed to go to the bathroom. She couldn't feed herself but no one would help her just throw the food down and no one would come back. Lady across from her wanted back in her bed and nurse said she would be right back and it would be atleast an hour before she would come back. Cleaning thats another story same dirt under the bed for a week.
    MagicFingers

IMHO

Corky must be the hospital CEO or have blinders on. great hospital setting...understaffed...poorly led....little hope of a change in the near future..SAD.

from what I've been told it was a suicide - by hanging

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Huckerby View Post
    from what I've been told it was a suicide - by hanging
    I can see it now, because I have. Beeper goes off, and staff just reaches over and shuts it off from the nursing station, but gets a surprise an hour later when they get around to checking.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    Corky must be the hospital CEO or have blinders on. great hospital setting...understaffed...poorly led....little hope of a change in the near future..SAD.
    Save money. That's the CEO's only job.

Quote Originally Posted by NTP View Post
    There is more going on there than most people realize, with the politics, bickering, and staff cutbacks causing people to get seriously ill by contracting viruses that are lingering from lack of cleaning staff to keep it sterile.
    So very very true! What makes it even worse is that the staff knew full well of the virus and STILL failed to take appropriate measures, infecting another patient.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    I can see it now, because I have. Beeper goes off, and staff just reaches over and shuts it off from the nursing station, but gets a surprise an hour later when they get around to checking.
    I would have to agree can soooo see that happening. Have had it happened to me as well. When my IV went interstitial (SP) hand blew up like a football I was in pain and the nurses just kept turning off my alarm and then told me there would be there in a minute wasn't until 15 minutes later when I was yelling saying I was going to yank the IV out myself that they came strolling in.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Don't even get me started on the bull **** that goes on at the poor excuse of a hospital. I took my mom in on Monday to emerg and you won't believe the crap that goes on there. Pissed me right off.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    I would have to agree can soooo see that happening. Have had it happened to me as well. When my IV went interstitial (SP) hand blew up like a football I was in pain and the nurses just kept turning off my alarm and then told me there would be there in a minute wasn't until 15 minutes later when I was yelling saying I was going to yank the IV out myself that they came strolling in.
    I believe that. When my daughter was 3 months old and she was in the hospital for a week, they had to put the IV in her head because they could get one in her arms, legs feet hands, it was sad. Any ways on the 6th night the IV machine kept beeping, so the nurse would shut it off and it would beep 10 minutes later, after about 5 hours of this she said we could just push the button so she did not have to come in all the time. WE woke up in the morning after shift change and my baby girls head was full of IV fluid and 4 times the size it should be , the Iv came out of her vein in her head, hence why the machine kept beeping. Stupid dumb ass nurse should of checked it but did not, The other nurses were not to happy to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by HDV View Post
    I believe that. When my daughter was 3 months old and she was in the hospital for a week, they had to put the IV in her head because they could get one in her arms, legs feet hands, it was sad. Any ways on the 6th night the IV machine kept beeping, so the nurse would shut it off and it would beep 10 minutes later, after about 5 hours of this she said we could just push the button so she did not have to come in all the time. WE woke up in the morning after shift change and my baby girls head was full of IV fluid and 4 times the size it should be , the Iv came out of her vein in her head, hence why the machine kept beeping. Stupid dumb ass nurse should of checked it but did not, The other nurses were not to happy to say the least
    I'm sorry, but why would any parent start messing with hospital machinery rather than having the nurse come in? Are you kidding me? Sorry, but you shoulder part of the blame in that one dear.

And, as for service... I've been in the hospital a number of times in the past two years, and have zero complaints. If you actually open your eyes to what goes on around you, you would see they are busy, all the time. Sometimes with the most ridiculous things.

I have no complaint about the care I received, in the ER or the labour and delivery.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Some of these so called health professionals need a crash course in respect and how to treat people. That seems to be lacking big time.

Quote Originally Posted by lynys View Post
    I'm sorry, but why would any parent start messing with hospital machinery rather than having the nurse come in? Are you kidding me? Sorry, but you shoulder part of the blame in that one dear.

And, as for service... I've been in the hospital a number of times in the past two years, and have zero complaints. If you actually open your eyes to what goes on around you, you would see they are busy, all the time. Sometimes with the most ridiculous things.

I have no complaint about the care I received, in the ER or the labour and delivery.
    well FYI I trusted what a nurse said, it was a iv machine with a button to stop the beeping, she said it was ok, Sorry for trusting what health care professionals tell you. :S

Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA View Post
    Some of these so called health professionals need a crash course in respect and how to treat people. That seems to be lacking big time.
    Half them are miserable old/young hags. If they are not happy with their job them find another one. Mind you there are a couple few and far between that are pleasant.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information