Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just had to say!

Default Just had to say!

We have all talked this topic to death but I also like to give credit where credit is due. In regards to the hospital and its staff. I have been in the fore front on many discussions on this board about some of the staff not really putting 100% of themselves into their job.

However yesterday I had to go to the hospital for a procedure which I knew was going to be lengthy but I got to the department I needed to and the staff were great. Through out the day I had three different nurses. They did their job above and beyond, and just wanted to say thanks. I was stuck there from noon until 9 last night but they were friendly happy, did their job did it well and even did a few extras. So not all nursing staff are bad or dislike their job you could tell these nurses loved what they do.
    MagicFingers

Default Re: Just had to say!

My girlfriend just graduated from the nursing program at Sault College and loved working at the hospital during her consolidation. When I went for my heart surgery in Toronto, I had some great nursing staff who you could tell, loved their job. I couldnt thank them enough for their expert care. I have also come across some great nursing staff and volunteers from SAH as well. Its good to know that some of them arent as **tchy as we all think.
    <insert witty comment here>

yes unfortunately nurses never seem to get their due...they deserve every cent they make...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    My girlfriend just graduated from the nursing program at Sault College and loved working at the hospital during her consolidation. When I went for my heart surgery in Toronto, I had some great nursing staff who you could tell, loved their job. I couldnt thank them enough for their expert care. I have also come across some great nursing staff and volunteers from SAH as well. Its good to know that some of them arent as **tchy as we all think.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

My Middle Man spent almost a week in there 3 weeks ago, and i will tell you that the peeds floor is run absolutly Fantastic, any nurse we had went above and beyond there call of duty, they even offered me or my husband a bed in his room, to sleep, they did how ever seragate him from the rest of the floor as He was Not sick so to speek, No cold or flu, spent the week do to other reasons, they gave him a wii in his room to play with he had his laptop, they brought him a whole gift bag from the hospital, etc.. they were absolutly fantastic with him, They allowed us to go outside to get out of the room, I cannot say enough about how fantastic it was, Every nurse was kind and very helpful..

The food was not bad either. the room was clean, we had a great veiw, I cannot say how fantastic it was really,

Kudos to the hospital staff, cause we got Royal treatment from the time we walked in the door at 3:30 Pm that sat afternoon till the time we left....

Well I will be spending a bit of time there In July.. I know we can bring food there is a fridge so I am taking a few frozen meals just in case I can't handle the food. Taking snacks and my big thermal mug so I am not relying on those tiny little styrofome cups for water. Hope they will let me out by the 18th and if im really lucky maybe the next day. But I am anticipating good staff where I am going specially if they are anything like the staff I had this past week.
    MagicFingers

Just a funny notation, ... but the first post kind of sounds like you are shopping for a hotel room, ...

Quote Originally Posted by icecapp View Post
    My Middle Man spent almost a week in there 3 weeks ago, and i will tell you that the peeds floor is run absolutly Fantastic, any nurse we had went above and beyond there call of duty, they even offered me or my husband a bed in his room, to sleep, they did how ever seragate him from the rest of the floor as He was Not sick so to speek, No cold or flu, spent the week do to other reasons, they gave him a wii in his room to play with he had his laptop, they brought him a whole gift bag from the hospital, etc.. they were absolutly fantastic with him, They allowed us to go outside to get out of the room, I cannot say enough about how fantastic it was, Every nurse was kind and very helpful..

The food was not bad either. the room was clean, we had a great veiw, I cannot say how fantastic it was really,

Kudos to the hospital staff, cause we got Royal treatment from the time we walked in the door at 3:30 Pm that sat afternoon till the time we left....
    While this post sounds like you spend weekends in jail, ....

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    Well I will be spending a bit of time there In July.. I know we can bring food there is a fridge so I am taking a few frozen meals just in case I can't handle the food. Taking snacks and my big thermal mug so I am not relying on those tiny little styrofome cups for water. Hope they will let me out by the 18th and if im really lucky maybe the next day. But I am anticipating good staff where I am going specially if they are anything like the staff I had this past week.
    .... maybe I need another coffee, ....lol
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

LOL no no time in jail.....although sometimes when your at the hospital it feels like it...sometimes there are more cops there than at the local coffee shops. LOL more prisoners in there than in jail. and the way the nurses are some might as well be jail wardens.....lol
    MagicFingers

Definitly Not in jail, although when your child is not sick, and I really Mean not sick, and you have to stay there, when they let us go outside it felt like Jail... lol..

my 8yr old was diagnose with type1 diabetes, and we had to stay untill sugars got under control, we had a few red flags come up, and I asked My mother in law to check his sugars, and it was 33.1 when I took him 3 weeks ago sat. So to be stuck in there the long weekend, and sugars were under control after insulin injections started, it felt like jail, but in the past they also never had offered bed for parents you got chairs.. although I Chose to sleep in the chair as if they need the bed it was available.. the staff was great.. and I really cannot say thank you enough for the support, we got though it all and the support we are still recieving.. My little man is certianlly a strong one, Doing sugars 5 times a day and injections 4..... HES a strong little man, its answered SO many ?'s we have had in the past Yr its scary really... I cannot Say thanks enough to the Dr Keuhl, and to the nurses and the dr that saw him in the Er when I brought him in, I will never forget the feeling of being told that had he went to bed with sugars at 33.1 he may of never got back up..... My mother in law saved his life and thank god we caught on to the red flags..

Only been there for testing on two occasions and into emergency once and have to say every staff member I was in contact with was amazing and went above and beyond to make me comfortable-KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK SAULT HOSPITAL!!!!!

Last week I was at the hospital every day, not for me but for family members, two different family members. Both were given exceptional care. The nursing staff was awesome and the doctors even better. Aside from the food being nasty it there was nothing to complain about at all.
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information