Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scooters

Default Scooters

Ok, I can understand the environmental, and economical advantages to owning/renting a scooter, even though you may not need a license for them, there has to be some kind of safety test that people need to take here. I have never seen so many complete idiots out on the road as I have seen in the last few weeks all over the city. I drove all over town today, and at EVERY light I was stopped at, at least one person went through while the light was red. Now we have scooters that think lights mean nothing, no common sense to know that if you hit the curb with the sidewall of the tire on one of those little things, your trip will most likely not end well. I have seen them from the sidewalks, to the middle of the lane, to weaving in and out of traffic, to Hwy 17 by Heyden!!! Someone needs to be doing something about this, like with a 4X4 and a solid bumper.

Default Re: Scooters

They even double ride. haul stuff in a milk crate, I have also seen a guy with a piece of wood.

IMHO

Someone will be killed on those death traps soon. Only then will anyone really care.

Saw this beauty in the news this morning.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunde...olar-bike.html

Guys, be nice to these poor folk.

Someday you may need a transplant organ.

And remember, they don't transplant brains.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Big L does have a point!!
    Last edited by Barry Morris; 06-30-2012 at 01:38 PM.

my wife bough me a scoot a few years ago , to go back and forth to work cheaply. at firts i was a bit apprehensive because i had rode my bicycle a lot around town etc. so i knew you have to be super careful. my scooter is motorized, 125cc so i had to get my motorcycle license. the process of getting a motorcycle license teaches you how to drive a bike in traffic, defensive manouvers etc. . i became aware of what and what not to do on a bike, how to be more visible and carfeful driving around town. unfortunately the electric scooters do not require any type of training and or license. too bad , this is what is creating the problems. no knowledge of any type of motorcycle etiquette or safety issues are known by these drivers. and , i hate to say this but mentally challenged folks can drive these scooters . not saying that some are not capable, its just they do not know how to drive in traffic.....and this can be disastrous. assuming that you know how to drive a scooter/bike/motorcyle in traffic is very unforgiving and i am thinking these little scooters are going to have learn the proper driving techniques, whether through licensing or courses.
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeBoy View Post
    Ok, I can understand the environmental, and economical advantages to owning/renting a scooter, even though you may not need a license for them, there has to be some kind of safety test that people need to take here. I have never seen so many complete idiots out on the road as I have seen in the last few weeks all over the city. I drove all over town today, and at EVERY light I was stopped at, at least one person went through while the light was red. Now we have scooters that think lights mean nothing, no common sense to know that if you hit the curb with the sidewall of the tire on one of those little things, your trip will most likely not end well. I have seen them from the sidewalks, to the middle of the lane, to weaving in and out of traffic, to Hwy 17 by Heyden!!! Someone needs to be doing something about this, like with a 4X4 and a solid bumper.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

6th, PM to you.

I saw a couple on a scooter last week with a baby in one of those baby carrier things that go behind regular bikes. They were going up Great Northern Road by Canadian Tire right in the middle of traffic. There's got to be something illegal with that. It's just not right. Be a dumb A on your own and leave the kids at home.

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    I saw a couple on a scooter last week with a baby in one of those baby carrier things that go behind regular bikes. They were going up Great Northern Road by Canadian Tire right in the middle of traffic. There's got to be something illegal with that. It's just not right. Be a dumb A on your own and leave the kids at home.
    Wow that is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th member View Post
    Is this the one you drive?

I sold it ... I'm upgrading to that one

How much did you sell it for?
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

I saw those 2 people with the kids in the back bike trailer driving around town all the time. Very unsafe....

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I saw those 2 people with the kids in the back bike trailer driving around town all the time. Very unsafe....

I agree with you someone should call the police.

MagicFingers

Would that not be child endangerment?
    And awayy we go,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by FBI View Post
    Would that not be child endangerment?
    Would there have been a post if it was a bicycle pulling the trailer??

IMHO

It would seem we are OFF TOPIC here !!! Why do people sit at a computer and argue with someone they will never meet?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information