Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cremation?

Default Cremation?

Asking on behalf of my mother-in-law...

She has a dog who is nearing his end, and we were curious about cremation in the Soo. In the phone book, the nearest one she could find is in Lively, but are there any closer?
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Senior Member Luv to be on the GO's Avatar

Default Re: Cremation?

Over the River Lynys...My daughter had her little puppy cremated over there !!

I suggested that but she was worried about having to bring over the animal. ie. problems with the customs. I guess that isn't at all a problem.

Thank you.
    Last edited by lynys; 07-02-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

I had my fur baby euthanized and then cremated on the US side but not sure about transporting a deceased animal for cremation but most vet clinics do it I believe. Could be wrong. We did bring one cat across to be euthanized and brought her body back to be buried and had no issues.
    MagicFingers

i am so sorry for your mom's upcoming loss. i have heard that the black dirt road vet will send the animal out of town and then get the ashes back to you.

Kitca is correct. Local vets send bodies to New Liskeard for cremation. My son was told this when his cat passed away. I've had two pets cremated by Dr. McCrumb in Sault Michigan.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information