Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Info about netflix

Default Re: Info about netflix

I will be in August for a coupla weeks. Right now I am in the heart of the big Smoke...
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Hans, my modem/router is a rogers modem, installed just 23 months ago. I don't even know whaat my laptop has for a wireless NIC

If you want to watch the US netflix in Canada, easy FREE way to do it is posted a few posts back . No VPNneeded, it is all done via DNS setup.
    Last edited by tired-n-cranky; 07-10-2012 at 12:35 AM.

One problem solved. Hooked up my linksys router to my rogers modem/router. Rogers does not give me access to their router. Had to call them to disable the gateway on the router, in order of my router to work with it.

So now I have a strong enough wifi signal to reach my TV viewing area. Next - to see if I can quit rogers and go to antenna...

In my experience, there's always more than one way to do things, especially with computers.

Let's be nice.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

In my experience, there's always more than one way to do things, especially with computers.
    Agreed. Each way has their own set of consequences, as long as one is aware of them, then I say "hey, go for it...."
    MagicFingers

rename this thread === LOL
    Last edited by 8th; 07-09-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: internet security.. good luck with that

We have CDN version of Netflix and we are not impressed with the age of their offerings nor the length of time they are offered. We are on the month trail and don't think we are going with it.
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    And if you read the website it specifically says NOT to load it onto your router because it will overload the DNS server. People like you will get it all screwed up and shut down so no one will have it. This is exactly why my hubby didn't want to post it for all to see. because people who don't know what they are doing will ruin it for everyone else.
    You don't "load" this into your router. All you do is go into your windows tcp/ip settings and change the "obtain DNS server address automatically" to "use the following DNS server addresses"
    Than all you do is change it back to "obtain DNS server address automatically" when you are done with netflix or any of the other services they provide.
    No reboot or internet disconnection required.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

I am not nitpicking. I am simply pointing out how to use this service for those who have no idea what a router or a DNS server does and would like to try it out.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

I pay for a VPN Tunnel service so I don't have to worry about my ruining it for others. Hahaha. Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited connection time, 24/7 support staff, PPTP support, routable through 5 different countries, torrent support.. etc. One of the perks of paying for a service versus using a free one. I don't have to worry about these petty things... because the subscription fees pay for server upgrades and all that fancy stuff.
    As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.
    I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead; hunted by scavengers, haunted by those I could not protect.
    So I exist in this waste land; a man reduced to a single instinct......SURVIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I pay for a VPN Tunnel service so I don't have to worry about my ruining it for others. Hahaha. Unlimited bandwidth, unlimited connection time, 24/7 support staff, PPTP support, routable through 5 different countries, torrent support.. etc. One of the perks of paying for a service versus using a free one. I don't have to worry about these petty things... because the subscription fees pay for server upgrades and all that fancy stuff.

http://www.vpnauthority.com
    Yeah I have a couple of VPN servers in colocation facilities such as Amazon I have used, though I would try out the one I mentioned above to see how it fairs. I can't believe the reaction I got out of a certain poster above for that.. wow... she/he should be more worried that it was posted on Redflagdeals.com forums.... the ultimate cheapskate forums where thousands will see it.

Ok this ends now. But for people who want to do something similar: http://tunlr.net/forums/topic/use-dn...-to-tunlr-dns/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information