Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Andrew's Bike

Default Andrew's Bike

Tuesday morning my son woke up a surprise. He forgot to lock his bike. During the night someone had stolen it. He just recieved it this past Easter. Now yes he should have locked it, and at 9 years old this is a very tough lesson. It is so disheartening to realize that someone could be so mean and steal a young Childs bike like that. if anyone has found this bike or thier own child has come home with it. Please let me know. I d o not want to charge anyone or get angry. My son just very much wants his bike back. Please call 705-971-3029

Kijiji ad link below has a picture of his brothers bike, which was bought identical

http://saultstemarie.kijiji.ca/c-com...AdIdZ393543790

Banned

Default Re: Andrew's Bike

Your link just takes the browser to the kijiji home page, but for anyone who's interested, he posted the ad in the lost/found section, picture is:

If you find the kid with the stolen bike, consider punching him in the face.

wow, that sucks! people can be so selfish. we had someone come into our yard last year and take our kids tonka trucks AND my bbq.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

If you don't get it back, let me know....I have a boys bike that my son rode when he was 9 and 10 that your son can have.

Man, people are RUDE!! My friend just had some metal, decorative flowers stolen from her front yard. And she bought them while on a trip, so it's not like she can go to Walmart and replace them. Disgusting!
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

IMHO

Some people feel that if they want something TAKE IT. It is easier for these bums to take something than to work for it. DISGUSTING PEOPLE.

I don't know what's wrong with people. It's sad when you have to keep everything, including your children's toys under lock and key at all times.

Up until last year we hadn't locked up our garage, we had never had a problem in our neighbourhood with thieves. Sadly, we woke one morning to find that someone had entered and stolen a couple of bikes. I'm not sure at what point they realized that neither had a chain! This year I had an iron trellis broken down and beside my garage. I was keeping the decorative parts for use in a flowerbed, when I went to get them they were gone. Really who would take something that obviously has little to no value? I'm assuming the thieves were gathering metal to sell as scrap for cash to support their habits.

What area of town was this bike taken from ?

with the young offenders act these punks dont give a s$#t,they get caught...ha no big deal,,,,,at least name the kids that get caught then maybe the parents,if they are still around would care cuz they're name would now be involved,they probably just took this bike cuz they wanted too,and couldnt find anything else to break.......

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    Man, people are RUDE!! My friend just had some metal, decorative flowers stolen from her front yard. And she bought them while on a trip, so it's not like she can go to Walmart and replace them. Disgusting!
    I share that sentiment. I've given up on decorating our front yard with anything more than keeping the lawn trimmed and the walkway clean. Twice in as many years I've had the solar lights that decorate my front yard vandalized. Kids take them from my yard in the middle of the night then proceed to throw them at other homes and vehicles on the street. Its a bit unsettling and frustrating to say the least. I've had other residents on my street come knocking on my door at 2am after they were woken by BANG from something hitting their house.... one of my solar lights. I can't really offer them more than my sympathy and understanding.

And people then wonder why I'm one of those guys that would lock offenders up and throw away the key.

If you take or break something that doesn't belong to you --- then something that does belong to you.. such as a limb... should be taken or broken. Just my opinion.
    As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.
    I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead; hunted by scavengers, haunted by those I could not protect.
    So I exist in this waste land; a man reduced to a single instinct......SURVIVE

That is one thing I am thankful for where I live now, in a real small town. There are alot of things I miss about the soo but here I can leave anything in my yard and no one will touch it. Except the bear and he's not doing it to be a jerk.We had other stuff stolen too. When I first moved there someone stole my lawn furniture off my back patio(idiot 2 doors over had them in his living room and stupidly invites dh over for coffee), then at the other place we were there 3 years and we had to keep replacing our shovels and stuff. someone tried to smash in our back door one day when we were out shopping, thank god I reinforced the deadbolt with a metal plate. I had company coming for a bbq and I had the meat out and everything, my son goes out to put out the chairs and the bbq is gone! And why they would even want it is beyond me, it was a POS and the neighbour had a way better one than ours sitting out.......ugh. not cool! I don't believe in harming people but i would be fine with some social embarrassment and/or some other punishment. It's like they think if you have one you can just get another one if they take yours and it's no big deal. ok.....end rant. (:
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

Except the bear and he's not doing it to be a jerk. hahahahahahahahaa

Chalk.....I realize that you have not come back here since your first post, but I am not going to go back on my offer to you. Did your son's bike get returned? If not, then please PM me.

Thanks all for you comments... We have not found the Bike yet! But i am happy there are still good people, especially when i read your comments. PM'd you Nightingale

Also the Bike was stolen from Vesta Co-op, on the west end behind Tim hortons.

Very sad for sure when people steal other people's belongings. Also it's an added expense and a PIA with a bunch of keys and locks to secure our belongings, but it's better than getting ripped off.

B&E, theft and vandalism makes you feel like your privacy has been invaded and it makes you lose a little bit (or a lot) of respect for mankind.

Most likely, who ever stole it rode it a few blocks and then dumped it. The police have a garage up by the station full of unclaimed bikes. Check it out. It might be up there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information