Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Requested

Default Opinions Requested

I am looking at getting windows(all) and doors. I got 2 quotes 1 from home Siding Shop for Gentek Regencey Series for 5 year workmanship guarentee. 1 from Soo Mill for Seymour windows with 1 year workmanship garentee. I would like opinions on which company is better and which brand od windows is better . . . . there is a $700 price difference between them.
    NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY KNOW ONE GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY!

Default Re: Opinions Requested

Try CB Home on John Street..

Quote Originally Posted by Design Dog View Post
    I am looking at getting windows(all) and doors. I got 2 quotes 1 from home Siding Shop for Gentek Regencey Series for 5 year workmanship guarentee. 1 from Soo Mill for Seymour windows with 1 year workmanship garentee. I would like opinions on which company is better and which brand od windows is better . . . . there is a $700 price difference between them.
    Ask Soo Mill for a quote on the Gentek Windows.

Ask for the penitration test results for both brands.

I know that at one time the Gentek window was a good window by comparison But they were more expensive.

I installed 4 Seymour windows on my second floor last year and they are a decent window.

The real telling factor will be in the installation.

I don't know anything about The siding shop but I know that Soo Mill will stand behind their work and they have some of the best installers in the Soo working for them.

CB did my Mom's 7 windows installed and capped for 2500.00 beautifully installed

I just got a living room window ( 4 Panes) and a dining room window ( 3 Panes) along with a new front and back door from Lyons West the windows are both Gentek. The service from Lyons was professional and awesome. I believe Gentek to be a very good product.

Ross Windows from Home Siding Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Ask Soo Mill for a quote on the Gentek Windows.

Ask for the penitration test results for both brands.

I know that at one time the Gentek window was a good window by comparison But they were more expensive.

I installed 4 Seymour windows on my second floor last year and they are a decent window.

The real telling factor will be in the installation.

I don't know anything about The siding shop but I know that Soo Mill will stand behind their work and they have some of the best installers in the Soo working for them.
    I have 3 separate installation experiences with Soo Mill that don't back this up at all. Just saying.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

There is one company here that my parents hired to do a job, my dad was so mad with the work they were doing he fired them on the spot and went to another company for them to finish the job. If you are interested in knowing PM me and I will let you know which company. It was to install windows and doors.
    MagicFingers

We had all new windows installed from CB siding about 15 yrs ago. Only one pane broke and they installed a new one free. They stand by their product. There is not one bit of outside air that gets in.

Thank you everyone for your feedback
    NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY KNOW ONE GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY!

I'll throw this one out there -- try giving Mobile Glass a call for a quote. They're fairly competitive, and do some really nice work.
    As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy: me or everyone else.
    I am the one who runs from both the living and the dead; hunted by scavengers, haunted by those I could not protect.
    So I exist in this waste land; a man reduced to a single instinct......SURVIVE

i had a couple windows done by mobile glass when i was in the soo. they did a good job, saved a bit of money over other people i called and it didn't take as much time as i thought it would.
    "Why do people say grow some balls? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really wanna get tough, grow a v****a... Those things take a pounding." -- Betty White..

I needed some windows and when I shopped around CB Home Installations were definately the best price in town. I have some Soo Mill windows in my home and I have had probems with them. Considering the price I paid I am not happy at all. I just purchased some windows for my garage, at Lyons, and got a good deal and excellent service. I hope this helps as I know how big an expence windows can be.

Quote Originally Posted by catena View Post
    I needed some windows and when I shopped around CB Home Installations were definately the best price in town. I have some Soo Mill windows in my home and I have had probems with them. Considering the price I paid I am not happy at all. I just purchased some windows for my garage, at Lyons, and got a good deal and excellent service. I hope this helps as I know how big an expence windows can be.
    Business bashing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    I have 3 separate installation experiences with Soo Mill that don't back this up at all. Just saying.
    Business bashing?

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Business bashing?
    Bashing someone about bashing can be deemed bashing

Business bashing?
    I didn't read that SOOMILL SUCKS did you? The post said they weren't happy with them. I call it truth and opinion.
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

I think it was sarcasm lol

LMAO........you guys beat me to it.......Darnit!!
    As far as I understand, I would buy from ANY if not ALL the businesses in the Sault, there are no bad businesses here.....IMMO
    I dare you to guess what the other M is for :0
    "You get one shot at Life, get off your Ass" Scott

People have been banned for asking, "was it bp?" in regards to a complaint about a restaurant posted on here. Giving your opinion is considered bashing in this crazy place.
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information