Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 253

Thread: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    [QUOTE=MsBelsito_ Actual sincere caring is not about self-righteousness _ QUOTE]

    By Ms. Belsito

    I made a change in my earliar post.

  2. #222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
    Posts
    3,128

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Same size as your idea, genius.
    Don't say things like that you will get an infraction. I in my entire life have never been reprimanded so much. Amazing I go through elementary school, high school 2 college degrees a university degree and never called to the office not once....but now all of a sudden I get reprimanded everyday, what is the correlation? Never got an infraction until recently now its an everyday thing. Just saying Blunt....watch what you say.
    MagicFingers

  3. #223
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Same size as your idea, genius.
    Look who's back.

    Can't argue with a guy who can't define what he's talking about.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  4. #224
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    Don't say things like that you will get an infraction. I in my entire life have never been reprimanded so much. Amazing I go through elementary school, high school 2 college degrees a university degree and never called to the office not once....but now all of a sudden I get reprimanded everyday, what is the correlation? Never got an infraction until recently now its an everyday thing. Just saying Blunt....watch what you say.
    The correlation is between insults and infractions. And then whining about it.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
    Posts
    3,128

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    The correlation is between insults and infractions. And then whining about it.
    So you make comments about me and not want me to respond. Cause if I do I get a warning. No the correlation is YOU I have only ever been reprimanded by you, not my bosses EVER, not my teachers EVER and very rarely my parents. HMMMMM... And I'm not whining about it.... just don't think you are impartial. And now its just fun. When you treat people so bad to the point they don't care anymore it is difficult to control them. Give a little respect and you will get a ton in return.
    MagicFingers

  6. #226
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Your notion of God is as man-made as anyone elses'.

    To what extent must one spell out the basics for you?

    Ms. Belsito, please take a few minutes out of your day to tutor Soundbear.
    As man made as anyone elses?? Hmmm, this from a guy who won't discuss what God is or MUST be to be God.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  7. #227
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Now you want to use our human experience to describe God, after you've sneered at someone for using their human experience to describe God.

    Fail.
    So you want it both ways. Got it.

    I wonder if the word "logic" means anything at all to youi??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  8. #228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Speaking of logic, how about that perfectly rational argument I posed for the legalization of prostitution, back on the last page?

    It stopped the argument dead in its tracks, and there has been nothing but personalized gobbledy-gook ever since.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  9. #229
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    We'll get back to it.

    Just a quick comment. Your plans would work where everyone followed the Golden Rule.

    Which is one reason they they never will work.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  10. #230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Well, since the reduction of suffering is the goal I had in mind, adequate policing would do the trick.

    Universal application of the 'Golden Rule' will have to wait until mankind is just a tad more advanced.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  11. #231
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    Well, since the reduction of suffering is the goal I had in mind, adequate policing would do the trick.

    Universal application of the 'Golden Rule' will have to wait until mankind is just a tad more advanced.
    Trick?? That's freakin' hilarious!!!

    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Well, my ego desperately wants me to take credit for it, but it was an accidental stroke of genius. Nonetheless, an excellent catch on your part!

    Oh great, now I went and used the word 'stroke'. Just can't get my mind out of the gutter, it seems.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  13. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    [QUOTE=The Left Sock] _ Speaking of logic, how about that perfectly rational argument I posed for the legalization of prostitution, back on the last page?

    It stopped the argument dead in its tracks, and there has been nothing but personalized gobbledy-gook ever since. _ [QUOTE]

    By Ms. Belsito

    There is no logic to it's legalization and that includes whatever could be going on, at the Supreme Court level.

    There are lots of past and new rulings/ policies/ statutes/laws /cases in a number of respects over societal issues.

    They don't all hold up to the true sense of the Charter or in other words the actual Law.

  14. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Don't bother quoting me, because I have no intention of responding to you.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  15. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    I hope things are even somewhat more decent in the City.

    They seem to be in certain respects for however long of a time.

  16. #236

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Whether it is legal or not, like death, taxes, bad American beer, homosexuality, and herpes, ..... prostitution will always be here. You are pretty naive to think that forcing prostitutes into hiding to in order to do their thing is putting and end to it.

    by legalizing it, society could control it. That means controlling the diseases, beatings, and drug use associated with the profession. It also means a source of tax revenue for the government, .... but hey, who wants money from sinful ways, ..... wait, I know, .... the Anglican Church does! Lets just turn all the Anglican churches into bordellos when they are not in use for religious purposes, ... at least that way, someone with power beyond our mortal means would be able to watch over these sinners and perhaps steer them towards a "normal" and "productive" life.

    Just a thought, .....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

  17. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    I was going to add more in my earliar posting.

    I thought the words "they seem to be" was enough as I wasn't and am not certain of real change for the good.

    Even the appearance of it through control measures is better than where things were going no matter whatever.

    As for the disagreement of the usage of church buildings, I don't see any point, either, in inflamming that conflict or any other for that matter.

    The Power beyond all of us that created the sun, sky...knows how to handle this whole World which includes free will with or without religions and whatever building.

    Those are my personal views and choice of beliefs not attempts to make you agree with me.
    Last edited by MsBelsito; 09-15-2012 at 12:38 PM.

  18. #238
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    The correlation is between insults and infractions. And then whining about it.
    someone doesn't know what correlation means......
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  19. #239
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,796

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Gee, it doesn't mean if you do one thing, another thing inevitably follows???

    Sorta like consequences???
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  20. #240
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,067

    Default Re: More Cracking Down On PROSTITUTIONAL RING in Soo, Ontario

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Gee, it doesn't mean if you do one thing, another thing inevitably follows???

    Sorta like consequences???
    No, no it does not mean that..
    One of the fundamental things science says about correlations is that "correlation does not equal causation" thus it stands to reason that causation also does not equal correlation.

    so it looks like uh... well, back to the books I guess.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts