Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Essar wage??

Banned

Default Re: Essar wage??

I felt such a sense of pride for those I saw who walked in the rain early this evening and as usual looked like they felt proud of themselves for being Essar employees.

The fact that they had not likely heard one of the forecasts and not prepared with umbrellas really did not seem like any big deal.

It isn't and wasn't in my mind either.

This morning the sky did not look like rain to me.
    Last edited by MsBelsito; 09-08-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Banned

When I think about the incomes of some so called celebrity and sports people it literally disgusts me.

I'd like to see one of them put in an actual day's work in the steel etc making business.

I am looking for someone that knows a bit more than how to shovel coke, if anyone qualified is interested. Only exposed to a few hazardous chemicals, but mostly non-dirty work. Gr 12 min, 2 year apprenticeship for a ticket. Very rarely do things blow up enough to make clouds in the sky. We do try to make the pavement shake 'tho.
    Ice cream doesn't have bones.

what's the pay???
    How Bout Them Cowgirls?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    what's the pay???
    Shouldn't be too hard to figure out Barney. You are from here. Sure you used to have an idea!!!
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

Quote Originally Posted by starterwiz View Post
    I am looking for someone that knows a bit more than how to shovel coke, if anyone qualified is interested. Only exposed to a few hazardous chemicals, but mostly non-dirty work. Gr 12 min, 2 year apprenticeship for a ticket. Very rarely do things blow up enough to make clouds in the sky. We do try to make the pavement shake 'tho.
    There is more to be done in the coke ovens than simply "shoveling"coke. My dad says he had to monitor the amount of oxygen intake and out take in ratio to the amount of gases that was being used. A mistake in that part of the plant could result in a huge catastrophe.....it isn't just about shoveling coke.
    MagicFingers

Banned

Even had it been only about shoveling in my view it would not be a reason to not have a high regard for the work.

Someone who was with Public Works for years picking up garbage from a sidewalk area(s) earned my respect more than so many of the others with Public Works.

I was so glad to see who recently was doing that kind of work.

I know I am referring to other than Essar, however, I have no reason to think you all reading don't see my points.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    There is more to be done in the coke ovens than simply "shoveling"coke. My dad says he had to monitor the amount of oxygen intake and out take in ratio to the amount of gases that was being used. A mistake in that part of the plant could result in a huge catastrophe.....it isn't just about shoveling coke.
    Not just that Magic. They have swabbing to do. They have to monitor temps, clean off takes, clean flues. The list goes on. Have been listening to the job for years and years.... Yet many are attentive to the job that they do. Some maybe not as much.
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    what's the pay???
    minimum 27.00$ per hour

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    Not just that Magic. They have swabbing to do. They have to monitor temps, clean off takes, clean flues. The list goes on. Have been listening to the job for years and years.... Yet many are attentive to the job that they do. Some maybe not as much.
    Your right lady.....which is why I shake my head when some people think it is half brain dead people who simply shovel coke in that job....actually I don't remember my dad once saying he shoveled coke. I have a hard time visualizing someone standing with a shovel scooping coke into the big ovens one shovel at a time.
    MagicFingers

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

It's only an occasional task only done when absolutely necessary and USUALLY doesn't add up to much....

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    Looking at where the original comment came from, I am not surprised FFS

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    minimum 27.00$ per hour

might as well stay put then
    How Bout Them Cowgirls?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information