Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Background Movie Actors/Fans wanted at Laird on Tuesday Sept 4th

Default Background Movie Actors/Fans wanted at Laird on Tuesday Sept 4th

Hello everyone. Incase you weren't aware, the stars from Trailer Park Boys are in town doing a film called Swearnet, along with other actors/actresses including Tom Green and Carrot Top. They are looking for background people for a couple of movie shoots on Tuesday September 4th at Laird Raceway.

I was on set as a background "Race Official" three days this week, and I might have my mug in the film a few times. At one point I was standing two feet from Tom Green as he was handing out keychains during a shoot. Kinda cool. Anyway...

Some of the required positions are paid spots, others are volunteer. The paid spots are filled on a first come/first served basis. They require at least 200 people mid morning on Tuesday, and the same number after 3pm. Note, that this film will be rated R, therefore language heard on set might not be suitable for children. If you are availalbe on Tuesday, and would like to perhaps be seen in the background of a movie, or see how a movie is shot, or get a glimpse of the stars, apply to attend by sending an e-mail to ssm.actors@gmail.com. In the subject line of your message put "Swearnet - Tues. Sept 4th - Availability". The casting people will then send you back an email confirmation and some instructions on what you should wear, time, location, etc. The afternoon session might be a good opportunity for high school students wishing to enter a media career.

Note: Attendance is by invitation/confirmation only, if you just show up, you might not be able to get onto the set. You must be on the Background Actor list in order to get on set.

Also, If you know your schedule throughout September (they do not shoot weekends), please also let them know what days you are available so they can slot you in! Share and pass along this info to all your friends and family who may be interested! Lots of opportunities to be on set with TPBs, Tom Green and Carrot Top, just to name a few!

Default Re: Background Movie Actors/Fans wanted at Laird on Tuesday Sept 4th

I would to do this!!! I have no car though. If anyone wants to go I would be willing to share the gas to lairds
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

This would definitely be pretty cool! And an awesome opportunity to meet some great people too!!

Quote Originally Posted by CANDY_74 View Post
    This would definitely be pretty cool! And an awesome opportunity to meet some great people too!!
    I will go with you.. PM me

what information do they want in the email?
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

i just told them that I was interested and asked what I should wear.. I have not recieved a reply yet. I sent it late friday night

Quote Originally Posted by Joy.D View Post
    what information do they want in the email?
    Send your name, and basic information, like age, sex, and perhaps your height and weight. For some of the background positions you might have to provide a recent headshot. I think they are mainly looking for race fans for this shoot though. I'd start by sending an e-mail expressing your interest as per the instructions above.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Babzz View Post
    i just told them that I was interested and asked what I should wear.. I have not recieved a reply yet. I sent it late friday night
    I know that these casting people are extremely busy, getting hundreds of people lined up for this, so they are likely behind on their e-mails. You should get some kind of confirmation and further instructions, possibly not until the night before. Race fans should come with a variety of clothing options, eg. pants, shirts, shorts, etc. When you arrive, the casting/costume people will eyeball you for a few seconds and give further instruction if needed. You will not be able to wear anything with a logo or trademark on it. No hats with logos either. Basically look like a race fan!
    Tom

Well Im a huge Nascar fan

And also if you haven't recieved an email or anything back then they still might message you!!!

I recieved an email today!!! They want all my info

....and I sent them an email on Sunday evening

its really cool. me and my daughter did it last week at the essar. we waited 3 hours in holding with 63 other background extras, but then we had 1 hour of 'acting' with the guys. it was pretty cool, we were lucky because we were about 10 feet behind the 'stars' for the hour so we could see them and hear them. we also got 'wardrobed' i got a hockey jersey to wear and a big fan finger thingie (but you must return them, not to keep). and they came around and taped over anything that may be shown as a logo.

it was a very cool experience. the waiting part was not fun, but the hour with them all was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kitca View Post
    its really cool. me and my daughter did it last week at the essar. we waited 3 hours in holding with 63 other background extras, but then we had 1 hour of 'acting' with the guys. it was pretty cool, we were lucky because we were about 10 feet behind the 'stars' for the hour so we could see them and hear them. we also got 'wardrobed' i got a hockey jersey to wear and a big fan finger thingie (but you must return them, not to keep). and they came around and taped over anything that may be shown as a logo.

it was a very cool experience. the waiting part was not fun, but the hour with them all was worth it.
    What did they have you do Cuz I was there too and might remember who you were.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by mboy67 View Post
    What did they have you do Cuz I was there too and might remember who you were.
    Whoa, let's see if you get away with this!!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

i got a red canda hockey jersey and a big red finger. we walked about 10 feet behind them. i remember a few people, the popcorn 3 or 4, the beer 3 or 4 but everyone else is a blur. i got trashtalked by 'randy' he said he hated my smile - what was i smiling at. what did you do there?

I was walking toward them in my black shirt carrying a poster someone else made but did not need where they were put.
    If Your reading this the topic must be boring.

you must have been on the other side walking towards me too. once we started walking and 'taping the shoot' i was just watching them and no one else! now they are gonna be filming here in town in the backyard. guy we walk our dogs with lives right beside them and will get to watch the whole thing.

On another movie note, .... my son's movie "T-Is For Thread" (those who saw it might remember it), has been accepted and is playing the Toronto International Film Festival this year. He will be making his way to Austin Texas at month's end to the Fantastic Fest (North America's largest "Genre" film festival) where he has a horror movie trilogy showing, ..... not bragging, just, ..... ah, ....yeh, .... I'm bragging!
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

It ain't braggin' if it's true!!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

wow handy - congrats!!! thats a big deal.

Yeah, .... he will spend a few months in Los Angeles flogging a couple of screen plays he has written, .... it's a feast or famine business.

I notice that the Christ Church (Anglican) on Allen's Side Road has allowed their church to be a headquarters for the shooting of the movie "Swearnet" by the Trailer Park Boys franchise.

The movie will come with a viewer warning of swearing, nudity, sexual content (to name a few), but this doesn't deter the church from abandoning their principles for a few extra dollars in the coffers.

typical denominational hypocrites.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information