Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please help

Default Please help

My daughter hit a black cat just north of the trading post late tonight. The animal lover she is, she stopped to see if it was okay, or if she could help it. It attacked her when she tried to pick it up. It wouldn`t let her go. A couple stopped to help, and called the police and a ambulance for my daughter. She lost alot of blood from the attack. She is still at the hospital. Please , does anyone know this cat. Or someone who is missing this cat?? It had a collar with a bell on it. But no tags. Sadly the cat did die, and my daughter is heart broken that she killed someones pet. But we were hoping to find the owners to see if all it`s shots were up tp date??

Default Re: Please help

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It's a good thing Rabies is very rare in this area. The cat probably attacked her because it was crazy in pain. She tried to do a good deed which you can be proud of, unfortunately it went horribly wrong.

If this happened closer to the Trading Post, there aren't that many houses in the area. Maybe start knocking on some doors and someone will recognise the description. Find out when the mail man/truck goes by and ask him/her. They might have seen it sitting on the owner's steps. If there are Sault Star boxes nearby, leave a note attached for everyone to read.

If it was closer to the Root River turn off, it might belong to someone in the trailer park just up the hill before the golf course?
    Last edited by gouligann; 09-06-2012 at 06:28 AM.

She just left the hospital 30 minutes ago. She has to be back at the hospital in 4 hours. More than likely for shots, since the cat didn`t have tags. She`s on antibiotics. We`ll see what happens in 4 hours.

oh your poor daughter. she did do a very good thing and im so sorry to hear of her injuries. thank god that other couple stopped to help her out.

the infection can get yucky but with antibiotics it should clear right up. (i got bit by a mother cat protecting her babies last week and it swelled up quite a bit before i started the drugs)

i imagine you will contact the spca and see if anyone has reported the cat missing. i hope your daughter is ok, must have been traumatic on several levels for her and you both.

I agree with Gouligan, the only other suggestion I have would be to go to the Trading post and talk to the staff. They might know or hear that someone in the neighbourhood lost their cat! Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope you can find the owners and save her more pain and trauma.
    What about Craig at Local2 he may be able to help too!
    Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

The cat is now with the Algoma Health Unit, sadly my daughter was the one who went back looking for it this morning, found it and took it in. Thanks Ma03, I talked to Craig, and I think he is going to put a story on to try to find the cats owner. My daughter is more upset about the cat than she is about her own injuries.

Check with the Humane Society 949-3573 to see if someone put a lost cat report in with a cat matching that description. That might help lead to it's owner.

there is a sault lost and found face book site for pets: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/153837124634649/
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

you have raised a very caring and compassionate daughter. i would be very proud.

Thank you everyone. And yes kitca I am very proud of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    So a cat goes ape**** on her, and she's sad it died?

Weird...
    She's an animal lover. The cat was critically injured and scared to death. She knew it was attacking for those reasons. No need to be MAD at a cat. That's a human emotion. A cat doesn't know such things. It was acting on the most base level of fear and pain. I'm guessing there are a million other people who would be just as concerned as she was. Not weird in the least.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by everywoman View Post
    She's an animal lover. The cat was critically injured and scared to death. She knew it was attacking for those reasons. No need to be MAD at a cat. That's a human emotion. A cat doesn't know such things. It was acting on the most base level of fear and pain. I'm guessing there are a million other people who would be just as concerned as she was. Not weird in the least.

Agreed EW. whole-heartedly.
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

Thank you everyone for your kind words and good thoughts for my daughter. She is doing good, she just found out today that the cat did not have rabies (we really didn`t think it would), but it was sent away to be tested. My daughter is still on IV, with a portable pump. Another doctors appt. tomorrow....sadly, she is off work at the moment What a ordeal!! Wish the hospital would have started her on IV antibiotics the night it happened. She`s on the mend though, that`s all that matters

I was wondering how things went, glad to hear shes on the mend! Thanks for updating us!

It just seemed like from what you said, that why should she give a crap about the cat because it attacked her. Maybe mad wasn't the right word.
    Somewhere in a lonely hotel room
    there’s a guy starting to realize
    That eternal fate has turned it's back on him
    It's two a.m.

Ma03, acouple of times I thought of calling you, I was in a panic because I couldn`t reach her by cell or land line, and she lives near you. She slept too much (I think). Didn`t hear phones, or anyone at her door. She`s getting back to normal now

Yes, she is still sad that she killed the cat. She loves animals!! She has 4 dogs and 2 cats of her own.

I would have gone and pounded on her door for you!
    Im glad shes getting better, thankfully the antibiotics have kicked in and are doing their job!

Thanks Ma03!! Nice to know that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information