Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Walmart

Default Re: New Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    i WAS THERE LAST FRIDAY AFTERNOON. sADLY THE BANANAS AND PEARS WERE way PAST BEING RIPE. i GUESS THAT IS ALL PART OF OPENING A STORE AND BEING ABLE TO PLAN QUANTITIES.
    maybe the stock came in too early before they opened.

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    There's an old saying that goes something like, "Poor people can't afford to buy cheap," which means they have to buy quality only once, so they don't have to keep replacing cheap garbage that won't last.
    That's what bugs me about Walmart in general, not to mentio too many other big stores. Quality means nothing, price everything.

Eventually, one gets tired of replacing stuff every year.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

There's an old saying that goes something like, "Poor people can't afford to buy cheap," which means they have to buy quality only once, so they don't have to keep replacing cheap garbage that won't last.

This isn't like the "older says" where just because something costs more means it's a better quality product. Now the more expensive one is just the same ol' cheap stuff with great marketing behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by daynzy View Post
    This isn't like the "older says" where just because something costs more means it's a better quality product. Now the more expensive one is just the same ol' cheap stuff with great marketing behind it.
    Sure, there's some of that, but there's no doubt that a Sears Craftsman socket wrench is infinitely superior to whatever you pull off the shelf at Wal-Mart, regardless of the price. I think you'll find this is the case more often than not for many products.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Sure, there's some of that, but there's no doubt that a Sears Craftsman socket wrench is infinitely superior to whatever you pull off the shelf at Wal-Mart, regardless of the price. I think you'll find this is the case more often than not for many products.
    Walmart sells some Stanley products. Stanley manufactures some tools and brands them for Craftsman. I was in Walmart last month and saw a few Ingersol tools too. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find a company that makes better air tools.

Craftsman products are identical models to other brands with a different name badge on them. In the last 4 years, many of the hand tools sold under the Craftsman brand name are now made overseas. General hand tools have been made by a variety of manufacturers over the years including New Britain,[19] Moore Drop Forge,[11] Stanley,[20] Easco Hand Tools,[21] and most recently the Apex Tool Group[22] (wrenches, ratchets, and sockets) and Western Forge[23] (screwdrivers, pliers, and adjustable wrenches). Many Craftsman portable power tools have been manufactured by Techtronic Industries. Many Craftsman bench and stationary power tools have been manufactured by Emerson Electric Company and DeWalt.[24] Craftsman-branded garage door openers are manufactured by The Chamberlain Group.[25]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_(tools)

Quote Originally Posted by daynzy View Post
    Walmart sells some Stanley products. Stanley manufactures some tools and brands them for Craftsman. I was in Walmart last month and saw a few Ingersol tools too. You'd be pretty hard pressed to find a company that makes better air tools.
    OK, I'll accept that. What are the price differences like?
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

2012 - all rights reserved

Sure didn't take Kelly's grocer long to close up shop.

Before Walmart even opened Kelly gave notices to their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gram View Post
    Before Walmart even opened Kelly gave notices to their employees.
    no surprise!~

It's a shame really. Gone are the days where we stand in line wondering if 5 bucks will be enough for this green pepper.
    I am now posting under the name loquetas. Please forward all pm's to that account.

Kelly,s did it to themselfs, I was there once and bought a bag of 2% milk and it cost $5.99. A Kraft Delissio Pizza was $10.

I wounder if RJs is next? They have decent butcher shop prices and produce but the rest is like a Kelly,s.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFingers View Post
    I don't feel sorry for those "little" businesses downtown.. 1 so expensive 2 never open after 5 if I work mon-fri 9-5 when am I going down there. They are closed on sundays (usually) 3 have to pay to park to go down there 4 everything is so far a part if I want to shop I want stores that interest me in close proximity im not walking 2 blocks to get to the next store. I will shop a one stop shopping centre thanks. Downtown merchants have done it to themselves mostly by the hours they keep.
    Very true.

I think number 5 (The first one) hits hom the best to this.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things...nostalgic-for/
    Cracked dot com... really good at opening perspectives
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdDawg View Post
    Small business can't compete with big stores in this town as far as prices, so the only thing they have left is customer service. However, it seems like they just don't get it. When you walk in the door of some of these places, it's like, " oh great, what does this guy want ? " or, " I'll be with you just as soon as I finish this important text to my friend ". I would pay a couple of bucks more if I found a store that treated you like they really cared. Once again, they just don't seem to get it.
    In all my years of shopping in the Sault, I have never, ever once experienced that. I think you are making this up to justify the cognitive dissonance you are experiencing by saying you want to support small mom and pop stores, but you actually go to box stores because it is more convenient and cheaper.
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Soundy's Beard View Post
    It's a shame really. Gone are the days where we stand in line wondering if 5 bucks will be enough for this green pepper.
    That made me lolz, hahahaha
    - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information