Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Late school " question

Default "Late school " question

Has anyone heard if this. Know anyone who attended this program. Its for kids 16 to 20 from what i understand
    “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself"

Default Re: "Late school " question

My daughter was 2 months away from graduating when she took ill for several years. She took the late school program at Alexander Henry to finish her courses. I took her work in for her sometimes when she was sick and from what I saw there were people well over 20 sitting in the classroom.

http://www.adsb.on.ca/content/adult/

My son is also sick.. It is more of an anxiety thing though. He needs to return to school and we are looking for something small with not a lot of kids.

My stepdaughter attends this and is doing better with her grades. she is 16. They get booklets they have to finish. They make allowances for attendance due to work or illness and such. If they attend regularly they even provide a busspass. She likes it because it is not a social club like high school
    If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

When my daughter took her courses she rarely attended classes due to pain issues and I don't know what allowances they make for different people. She did the majority of her work at home. When I did go into the classrooms there were only a handful of people in class and it seemed like a very laid back setting. That was a few years ago.

My daughter also went there, and I cannot speak from seeing it in action, but she says it is a very good program designed to meet the needs of a special type of student.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

thanks everyone .. sounds like it maybe a good school.. Better than putting him on meds. The idea of that scares me terribly

I had a problem with my coop placement in highschool and tried everything to get out of the place and salvage the school year. I ended up failing 1 of the 2 credits because of the placement I was in. I was told that I was going to get that credit anyway because I did volunteer else where. That did not happen and when I went to collect my highschool diploma they said I was 1 credit shy. This was the first year "Late School" was offered. I was able to regain that credit within 4 weeks.

I think it's a neat program. It "WAS" work at your own pace. I don't know if it is more structured now or not. I basically worked out of modules. Everyone was on something different and the teacher was there for guidance/help. So I zinged through it, and graduated.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information