Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: no not the $20 too

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Senior Member H.E. Pennypacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    4,190

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    you didn't see it coming?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bonnyville, Alberta
    Posts
    6,440

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    they stick together too easily....i don't like these new hundreds & now $20s!

    a country with plastic money...go figure
    How Bout Them Cowgirls?


  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Anything to save a few bucks, in my book. If it lasts longer, and is hard to counterfeit, great!!
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SAULT
    Posts
    288

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    if it keeps countereiters from copying??? then i welcome it. i don't see why these guys don't stick to u.s. currency. way easier to copy.....and you only need one color of ink..lolol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SSM
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Apparently these new bills don't take kindly to heat. When the bills first came out I read reports that they fuse together in direct hot sunlight and if you accidentally leave them in your pants in the dryer. I'm not rich enough to have a stack of 50s or even 20s (probably not even 10s when they come out) but I may find myself I'm trouble with 5s.

  7. #7
    Senior Member 8th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,918

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    you have a year until they do the 5's

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Quote Originally Posted by Asparas View Post
    Apparently these new bills don't take kindly to heat. When the bills first came out I read reports that they fuse together in direct hot sunlight and if you accidentally leave them in your pants in the dryer. I'm not rich enough to have a stack of 50s or even 20s (probably not even 10s when they come out) but I may find myself I'm trouble with 5s.
    I'm sure the bank would replace them IF they stuck. Can't see it myself. There's lots of plastic out now that isn't that affected by heat.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SSM
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    I'm sure the bank would replace them IF they stuck. Can't see it myself. There's lots of plastic out now that isn't that affected by heat.
    I dunno check this out

    http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/new...espite-melting

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Boiling?? That's 212 degrees F!!

    I really think somebody is trying to do a con.

    And notice the difference in the numbers of returned damaged bills.

    A worthwhile change, IMO.
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  11. #11

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    If you put a crease in the bills they don't like to come out. It's pretty annoying when you have to deal with cash daily and they won't lay flat.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SSM
    Posts
    556

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Who actually leaves their wallet in their pants for the laundry?? I've been doing laundry for years and that's never happened to me. Paying attention might help.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Add's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,328

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Quote Originally Posted by Calis View Post
    Who actually leaves their wallet in their pants for the laundry?? I've been doing laundry for years and that's never happened to me.

    Congratulations.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Gives new meaning to the question do you take plastic?

    It's thinner, I like it.

  15. #15
    Senior Member 1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,790

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Hahahahahahah "The leather couch is there and it doesn't melt" "The kids toys are behind there and they don't melt". Fair comparison I think. I think we should make our money out of leather couches and kids toys. Because went left up against a baseboard heater, they don't melt.

    Ummm here's, an idea. OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT. I hear they withstand baseboard heaters too.
    ....................

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SSM
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Quote Originally Posted by Calis View Post
    Who actually leaves their wallet in their pants for the laundry?? I've been doing laundry for years and that's never happened to me. Paying attention might help.
    Oh my look at you, all grown up and doing your own laundry. Your mother must be so proud of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    Boiling?? That's 212 degrees F!!

    I really think somebody is trying to do a con.

    And notice the difference in the numbers of returned damaged bills.

    A worthwhile change, IMO.
    Oh I know, I agree. I personally like the new bills. I'm just saying there have been reports of bills melting together. Reports that originated when the 100s came out. I remember reading somewhere that it had happened to someone who accidentally left a couple bills in their pant pocket which went through the dryer (can't for the life of me find that link though) Con or not, people still claim it happens and we're not there to disprove it. Maybe those particular set of bills in that link were made on a Monday lol.

  17. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,800

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    At any one time, I MIGHT have a couple of twenties. I hate carrying, or being paid in cash. It's a pain.

    So hundreds sticking ain't gonna be a problem.

    Isn't all this reminiscent of the whining about those heavy loonies and twonies??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

    "if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

    I promise to always post sober.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SSM
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundbear View Post
    At any one time, I MIGHT have a couple of twenties. I hate carrying, or being paid in cash. It's a pain.

    So hundreds sticking ain't gonna be a problem.

    Isn't all this reminiscent of the whining about those heavy loonies and twonies??
    To be fair I still hate toonies. Too much change in the pocket.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Koss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    1,774

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    ummmm, the paper money could easily be destroyed too by going through the wash, plus they ripped easier and they burned when exposed to flame. Somehow we all survived.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    SSM
    Posts
    821

    Default Re: no not the $20 too

    Quote Originally Posted by Koss View Post
    ummmm, the paper money could easily be destroyed too by going through the wash, plus they ripped easier and they burned when exposed to flame. Somehow we all survived.
    I've had numerous bills go through the wash and come out only smelling better. Maybe our old bills before Canada put out the monopoly money we have been using for years.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts