Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highschool Sports

Default Highschool Sports

So what is going to happen to high-school sports in this town? 2 Super schools,The Pines, and Korah. Will be tough for the latter to compete. St Mary's and Superior will dominate all. All the long time rivalries gone, will be quite different sport scene for sure!

Default Re: Highschool Sports

Doesn't all that depend on the numbers of students?? Maybe a super school, with double the amount of kids, would field two teams.

But maybe it won't be necessary. Now, I don't know the numbers involved, but didn't St. Marys, as an all boys school actually have more boys to draw teams from than a co-ed school?? If true, they should do better at almost all sports. But they didn't dominate.

Thoughts??
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckidecky View Post
    So what is going to happen to high-school sports in this town? 2 Super schools,The Pines, and Korah. Will be tough for the latter to compete. St Mary's and Superior will dominate all. All the long time rivalries gone, will be quite different sport scene for sure!
    Is CAS not part of the schools that participate in the sports.
    MagicFingers

Senior football championship came down to St Marys and St Basils this year wasn't it?

probably in the not to distant future superior heights and st marys will be the only 2 high schools

I can't see them being rid of Korah. Too many students come from out of town to attend there. (at least, they did when I went there :P)
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Korah has almost as many students as SH. Why would they get rid of it?
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information