Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Common Sense has left the building...

Default Common Sense has left the building...

I cannot read or go anywhere lately, without running into a massive sense of entitlement, from every corner.

If you did not work for it, it is NOT yours!

If someone has something you want, you are not entitled to physically steal it. You should not be able to steal it under the guise of legislation. You should not have your hand out, expecting that, of course it will be given to you, because others have it. You need to deal with your own mistakes, and the repercussions. If those repercussions make your life difficult, perhaps you will choose better next time.

These ridiculous expectations are destroying our society.

Default Re: Common Sense has left the building...

All of our politicians need to hear your message!
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Maybe "Common Sense" never entered the building in the first place, .....
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

Quote Originally Posted by b&aMom View Post
    I cannot read or go anywhere lately, without running into a massive sense of entitlement, from every corner.

If you did not work for it, it is NOT yours!

If someone has something you want, you are not entitled to physically steal it. You should not be able to steal it under the guise of legislation. You should not have your hand out, expecting that, of course it will be given to you, because others have it. You need to deal with your own mistakes, and the repercussions. If those repercussions make your life difficult, perhaps you will choose better next time.

These ridiculous expectations are destroying our society.
    This is in relationship to what?
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    This is in relationship to what?
    Our society in general. Shall I start a list?

-Politicians that squander hard-earned taxpayer money.
    -Teenagers irately posting that they received the WHITE iPhone for Christmas, #%*# parents!
    -children that even HAVE iPhones! Because everyone else does.
    -Activist groups demanding unreasonable and unaffordable entitlements they are not willing to pay for themselves (see a tenant activist group demanding Toronto bylaw on air conditioning).
    -those who sit on social services all their lives

There are too many to post.

Hipocrites like Occupy protestors who have grown up in the so-called 1%. Wailing like tantruming toddlers.

Destructive flash mobs that rob and loot...allbecause they are the downtrodden, but they all have cell phones to be able to organize.

France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.

Hipocrites like Occupy protestors who have grown up in the so-called 1%. Wailing like tantruming toddlers.

Destructive flash mobs that rob and loot...allbecause they are the downtrodden, but they all have cell phones to be able to organize.
    People who expect to post on a public bulletin board for free and get excellent customer service...

They are protesting the fact that now we have to pay an absurd amount of money just for a chance at getting a job, while it was not like that in your generation that we are now paying for. The fact that there is a clear gap being made between the rich and poor squeezing out the middle class, and that was just a couple of issue. Get off your elitist high horse and actually look into the issues they were protesting as a lot of them were warranted.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    They are protesting the fact that now we have to pay an absurd amount of money just for a chance at getting a job, while it was not like that in your generation that we are now paying for. The fact that there is a clear gap being made between the rich and poor squeezing out the middle class, and that was just a couple of issue. Get off your elitist high horse and actually look into the issues they were protesting as a lot of them were warranted.
    so are you saying that no one in "my generation" took out a student loan and had to repay it? are you suggesting that "my generation" just walked into great paying jobs? are you insinuating that "my generation" should put up with what can only be taken as pure laziness and apathy from "your generation"?

i hope that's not what you're suggesting... i'm not an elitist and i have no horse... i went to university on my own dime, paid every cent back, and have been working like a dog everyday since... there's plenty of similar examples of the same from "my generation"... i don't know many from "my generation" who believe that someone owes them something... sadly, you can't say the same about "your generation"...
    Fate is just the weight of circumstances.

Banned

Your generation can share the blame.

The fact is you CAN'T walk into many of the higher paying jobs these days without paying for extra education because the level of technological skills required just doesn't exist in the average person 'off the street'. Jobs are becoming much more specialized than they were 50 or even 30 years ago. The number of service/technology "White collar" jobs has risen steadily while the number of blue collar 'labour' job is on a steady decline in North America. If you want a good paying job, you need to WORK for it.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

So how praytell does one "work" for a good job when one is stuck flipping burgers in the kitchen 44 hours a week then having to go serve coffee for another 20-40 hours a week just to make ends meet?
    Sorry. Your generation had it made.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

dancingqueen and Upper Deck, you assume too much. First, you don't know what any of our generations are. Second, MY generation was the generation of the huge out-migration from this city in the early 80s.

Working two service jobs to make ends meet? Aren't you lucky. Those jobs were non-existent here, when I left school. Those jobs were sucked up, rightly so, by women trying to support their families, and keeptheir houses, as thousands forever lost jobs in the plant. Those getting out of high school either went on in school, left for southern Ontario, or got stuck living with family for the better part of a decade. Why do you think so many in previous generations waiteduntil their 30s to have kids, think about buying a house, etc.?

Just about every generation has it's difficulties. Getting a WHITE iPhone, instead of a black one as a gift is not one of them.

I don't know... The white iPhone is definitely more appealing than the black one. I think you need to reconsider how serious this is to some people. lol!

There is always that "must have" item of each generation. This generation it seems to be the iPhone. So to think this is some sort of new phenomenon and that kids THIS generation are overly entitled I think is silly.

Talk to employers in Toronto. The 20-somethings that expect the big paycheque and the benefits and the Beamer and play video games all night are numerous. B&A is right. I think someone ordered the AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT and got the AGE OF ENTITLEMENT instead.

:lol:

Somewhat related:

We are raising a generation of deluded narcissists

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2HQHx9xrF

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Talk to employers in Toronto. The 20-somethings that expect the big paycheque and the benefits and the Beamer and play video games all night are numerous. B&A is right. I think someone ordered the AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT and got the AGE OF ENTITLEMENT instead.
    Isn't that what the media has bred though? That life is all about money, and cars, and STUFF? That everyone should be beautiful, and make tons of money for doing nothing? Everyone should be wearing designer clothes, have iPhones, and all a girl has to do is marry and have a couple kids.. leave the guy and take him for child support and spouse support? lol

It's called the Spirit of the Age. if there was no correspondence of those desires in ourselves, we wouldn't consume the product of the media. They cannot sell us something that we are not interested in. See my sig.

Are you saying that everything you purchased was because you were interested in it?
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information