Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Protest signs

Senior Member Nihilistic Heathen's Avatar

Default Re: Protest signs

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    And look how well that co-existence works.
    European settlers have done well, while First Nations have not.
    Coincidence? Don't think so.
    Herein lies the problem.
    One can be a true believer in anything: psychic ability, Christianity or, as Bertrand Russell classically suggested (with irony), in the fact there is a teapot orbiting the earth. I could believe any of those things with total conviction. But my conviction doesn't make them true. Indeed, it is something of an insult to the very truth I might hold dear to say that something is true just because I believe it is. ~Derren Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilistic Heathen View Post
    If you would really like to get technical about it, natives lived in communal societies. Private ownership of land was a foreign concept to them. They did have wars with other tribes over territories. So the concept of territorial ownership was not a foreign concept.
    And if you really want to get tecnical about it, it wasn't the ownership of the land they were fighting over. It was territorial pride and resources that led to their wars with each other.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    And if you really want to get tecnical about it, it wasn't the ownership of the land they were fighting over. It was territorial pride and resources that led to their wars with each other.
    Did the winners sign treaties? Or was it winner take all?

I suggest you check out Roman history, which was one of the largest and most influential empires that ever existed. They had treaties.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/r...07Rmntrety.htm
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

And now we are going to have a $150 million dollar fight with BFN, Chief Sayers over the whitefish fisheries in St Mary's river. They are the ones with the nets strung all over our lakes and rivers, raping the breeding fish stocks during spawning season, and THEY dare to want compensation for this?

i am learning a lot. keep typing. nice to see some knowlegable returns.

I figure with all the alcohol abuse, drug addiction and gas huffing….Canada obviously does not have a native population capable of governing themselves or of making intelligent choices regarding environmental issues. It would be interesting to know how all these “Thiefs” have spent the money they have stolen from their own people. I bet most of them have little to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    And now we are going to have a $150 million dollar fight with BFN, Chief Sayers over the whitefish fisheries in St Mary's river. They are the ones with the nets strung all over our lakes and rivers, raping the breeding fish stocks during spawning season, and THEY dare to want compensation for this?
    This is the problem when you base treaties on general items like "resources".
    What happens when the resource has been depleted?
    Why should there be compensation when a resource has been depleted?
    Is the treaty still valid once the resource seizes to exist?

funny when you go live in other country for any length of time and become a citizen...you are just that....one of the everyday people. now take russia for example....do they differentiate between natives and any others....how about australia...do they have protests regarding who owns what....how about europe.....who were the first people there?? dodo not tell me that the white man was an original in europe...this only happens in canada,,,,if all this crap had of happened in the states...the aboriginal thieves and protesteors would be in JAIL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilistic Heathen View Post
    If you would really like to get technical about it, natives lived in communal societies. Private ownership of land was a foreign concept to them. They did have wars with other tribes over territories. So the concept of territorial ownership was not a foreign concept.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

I still want to know why I could not immigrate to Canada as a Native Canadian. They only have Canadian as an option.
    If that's the only option, than the logical conclusion is that there's no such thing as a Native Canadian.

No, because the natives have rights other Canadians do not have.

i loved that response from the chief of that 340 member reserve, when asked why she was making $243,000 a year AND one of the COUNCILLORS made close to 1,000,000....again...the racist card was played...and basically ....NOBODY should be questioning her salary etc...b.s

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    I suggest you check out Roman history, which was one of the largest and most influential empires that ever existed. They had treaties.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/r...07Rmntrety.htm
    Yeah, when they conquered a nation through war. the treaties, in that case, benefited the Romans more than the nations that they conquered.

As Nihilistic Heathen stated,
    There was no warfare between Native's and Europeans in Canada.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
    I figure with all the alcohol abuse, drug addiction and gas huffing….Canada obviously does not have a native population capable of governing themselves or of making intelligent choices regarding environmental issues. It would be interesting to know how all these “Thiefs” have spent the money they have stolen from their own people. I bet most of them have little to show for it.
    There are a lot of drug and alcohol abusing people in all areas of life....not to mention embezzlers, cheated and frauds...so what's the excuse for the government? Nothing like stereotyping....

Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    fhow about australia...do they have protests regarding who owns what....
    Yup.

Land Rights Fact Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    now take russia for example....do they differentiate between natives and any others....
    Yup

March 24, 2000 № 255 "On a single list of the indigenous peoples of the Russian Federation" Can be translated using Google.

thank you for the info the russian one is interesting(good thing i can read russian) . i can understand land claims for indiginous people, which is evident in both articles.
    what i did not see is that the australian and russian indiginous people were not given vast amounts of money to distribute amongst themselves as do the canadian indiginous people. from the government that is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information