Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Protest signs

Default Re: Protest signs

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Last time I read up on the issues in Attawapiskat there are conditions on the monies they receive put in place by the government and certain amounts has to be spent on vehicles. Last I recall Attawapiskat is littered with abandoned brand new vehicles due to this reason.
    So as I understand it everyone out there has brand new vehicles because that's what this money must be spent on.
    What does that tell you about the leadership skills of those that are in charge of that community?
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Quote Originally Posted by Mr belsito View Post
    Yet the chiefs stealing the money cry for more money,insane !
    Is this how you discuss things?
    take all info contrary to what you want to believe and just ignore it?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    What does that tell you about the leadership skills of those that are in charge of that community?
    It tells me that things are not quite as they appear, but someone is going through a lot of work to make the first nations people look like the bad guys.
    - Mark Twain

The Attawapiskat band council agreed to a comprehensive audit, covering the years 2005 to 2011. The results have not yet been made public, and are pending review by the Aboriginal Affairs Department and Health Canada. A copy of the audit findings was leaked to the public in January 2013. In it the auditors found "an average of 81 per cent of files did not have adequate supporting documents and over 60 per cent had no documentation of the reason for payment." Additionally, the letter delivered to Chief Spence stated the audit revealed "no evidence of due diligence on the part of Attawapiskat of funding provided by Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada for housing projects and Health Canada for health-related projects."

July 11, 2009 - A massive sewage flood dumps waste into eight buildings that housed 90 people. DeBeers donated and retroffited two construction accommodation trailers intended as a short-term stop-gap measure, until the home could be remedied or replaced. They are still housing 90 people who share the four stoves and six washrooms.

October 14, 2009 - Chief Theresa Hall raises concerns about the federal government's lack of response to the housing crisis in Attawapiskat caused by the sewage back-up. The government had claimed they had committed 700,000$ to repair homes.

I'm not saying the chiefs are not to blame, all I'm saying is that there is more than meets the eyes going on.
    - Mark Twain

I'm not saying the chiefs are not to blame, all I'm saying is that there is more than meets the eyes going on.

Enlighten us on your knowledge.

What knowledge, I have nothing but questions....
    - Mark Twain

What knowledge, I have nothing but questions....
    How can you say there's more going on than meets the eye, when you have no idea what's going on?

Banned

They should sleep in their cars. With heated seats who needs blankets.

How can you say there's more going on than meets the eye, when you have no idea what's going on?
    Because the whole thing just doesn't make sense.
    - Mark Twain

Because the whole thing just doesn't make sense.
    How do you draw that conclusion, when you have no knowledge and only questions?

Why do you all keep sidestepping to the money issues? Idle No More is primarlily concerned with the way the proposed legislation will be dealing with the accessibility to natural resources, particularly, enacting laws so that
    reserve lands can also be bought and sold by big companies to get profit from resources.

Also, the movement contends that
    Some of the poorest First Nations communities have mines or other developments on their land but do not get a share of the profit. The taking of resources has left many lands and waters poisoned the animals and plants are dying in many areas in Canada. We cannot live without the land and water. We have laws older than this colonial government about how to live with the land.
    Source:

Idle No More website

It tells me that things are not quite as they appear, but someone is going through a lot of work to make the first nations people look like the bad guys.
    And many are doing the opposite despite the missing funds. Both sides should share fault though neither side is willing to admit it.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Why do you all keep sidestepping to the money issues? Idle No More is primarlily concerned with the way the proposed legislation will be dealing with the accessibility to natural resources, particularly, enacting laws so that .

Source:

Idle No More website
    Why should reserve lands be any different from other lands when it comes to land being bought and sold, or companies operating on it?
    Why do they believe they have the right to share in a companies profit when the company mines resources?

If they would demand their fair share of resources I could see where they are coming from. But that's not what they want, they just want the cash and have someone else deal with mining and selling the resources.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Why do you all keep sidestepping to the money issues? Idle No More is primarlily concerned with the way the proposed legislation will be dealing with the accessibility to natural resources, particularly, enacting laws so that .

Source:

Idle No More website
    Sidestepping with money issues? That's all this is.

i was being very sarcastic...i need a new truck and sounds like there are a lot up there without gas....or a battery or ......
    It shouldn't.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

it tells us how easy it is to swindle our tax dollars .....madoff and conrad black went to jail for similar reasons...but off course ...they were white....QUOTE=Hans;725866]What does that tell you about the leadership skills of those that are in charge of that community?[/QUOTE]

natives originally migrated to these lands both from the south and mostly from russia etc. ...so to lay claim to a whole continent is ludicrous do you see what the grand chief said..we are noy adhering to treaties from the 1700's....absurd. the concern for the water etc that they claim in their idle no more campaign is a snow job,,,,,,they want MONEY from any and all mining, forestry power etc developments. i truly think that the rest of canada should be on a "HAND OUT NO MORE " crusade.
    \you guys want money etc...go to work, contribute to the rest of canada and make us united and strong.
    \i do not want any more of our tax dollars paying idle people who only whine for more and more...but i know ...i am a racist...i can live with that...as can the rest of canada can
    \

\

Why should reserve lands be any different from other lands when it comes to land being bought and sold, or companies operating on it?
    Why do they believe they have the right to share in a companies profit when the company mines resources?

If they would demand their fair share of resources I could see where they are coming from. But that's not what they want, they just want the cash and have someone else deal with mining and selling the resources.
    Because the resources in question are ON THE RESERVES, which according to the treaties, any of the treaties, belong to the natives.

What you are proposing through that comment is nothing different than, for example, if DeBeers walks onto your property and starts mining the diamonds off it without giving you any compensation for the resources they are removing from your property (just an example, I know that it's already documented that DeBeers has given a portion of profits where required)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information