Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Protest signs

Default Re: Protest signs

Quote Originally Posted by bohd View Post
    natives originally migrated to these lands both from the south and mostly from russia etc. ...so to lay claim to a whole continent is ludicrous do you see what the grand chief said..we are noy adhering to treaties from the 1700's....absurd. the concern for the water etc that they claim in their idle no more campaign is a snow job,,,,,,they want MONEY from any and all mining, forestry power etc developments. i truly think that the rest of canada should be on a "HAND OUT NO MORE " crusade.
    \you guys want money etc...go to work, contribute to the rest of canada and make us united and strong.
    \i do not want any more of our tax dollars paying idle people who only whine for more and more...but i know ...i am a racist...i can live with that...as can the rest of canada can
    \

\

Like Dave Hester says..."Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    "Now you're just somebody I used to know"

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Just as bad as the lowlifes walking the streets with pajamas on getting paid to do F All....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Because the resources in question are ON THE RESERVES, which according to the treaties, any of the treaties, belong to the natives.

What you are proposing through that comment is nothing different than, for example, if DeBeers walks onto your property and starts mining the diamonds off it without giving you any compensation for the resources they are removing from your property (just an example, I know that it's already documented that DeBeers has given a portion of profits where required)
    I suggest you read the following information specific to mining http://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/110.../1100100034847
    Furthermore, mining companies do not just walk onto native land and start mining.
    It's not "our" problem that native communities do not negotiate decent contracts and leases to their resources.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Quote: "Aboriginal Canadians, like all Canadians, deserve to know how public funds are managed."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/patrick...b_2544950.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr belsito View Post
    Where's DQ ?
    I used to care significantly about educating the ignorant about these issues. I used to think it was a necessity due to the amount of people that lacked knowledge about these important issues.
    I have recently come to realize that in the grand scheme of things this level of WILLFUL ignorance is the grand minority and seems to be isolated to the banjo twanging city of the Sault.
    DQ has grown tired of the willful ignorance that is happening on this topic. Each of these "issues" you seem to have problems with has been addressed multiple times. I no longer have the patience to repeatedly try to explain something to people who simply do not want to understand the issue.

That's where DQ is.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    I used to care significantly about educating the ignorant about these issues. I used to think it was a necessity due to the amount of people that lacked knowledge about these important issues.
    I have recently come to realize that in the grand scheme of things this level of WILLFUL ignorance is the grand minority and seems to be isolated to the banjo twanging city of the Sault.
    DQ has grown tired of the willful ignorance that is happening on this topic. Each of these "issues" you seem to have problems with has been addressed multiple times. I no longer have the patience to repeatedly try to explain something to people who simply do not want to understand the issue.

That's where DQ is.

Banned

Can anyone else tell me where Dairy Queen is?

i too tire of the same o same o,,,but realistically i think canadians are truly getting fed up...if the natives want to "BRING US TO OUR KNEES" then i guess we will then be all in the same boat......and dq unfortunately most of us are not as intelligent as you...so we do have to try harder

That's where DQ is.
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

I.m apathetic ...

i am anti-corruption. and there is too much happening on the reserves. where are the millions that were given to these reserves. when i see people in remote communities living in sheds my blood boils...it boils because i know 10's of millions were given to that very reserve so that 3 people could live like millionares. and the rest struggle to live...don't know the solution, but it pisses me off

That's where DQ is.
    The issue and the solution is simple : Natives have to start realizing this is 2013 and not 1750.

another thought to ponder. i know many many people who love children, but unfortunately many of them say that they would love to have more but they cannot AFFORD them...mostly because of educational costs etc. if you notice, many many first nations families are HUGE 6, 8 10 children....why? because you do not have to dictate family size by cost.....and no worries about paying for education etc.....its a beautiful thing ...if you are native...
    better to burnout,,,,than fade away

another thought to ponder. i know many many people who love children, but unfortunately many of them say that they would love to have more but they cannot AFFORD them...mostly because of educational costs etc. if you notice, many many first nations families are HUGE 6, 8 10 children....why? because you do not have to dictate family size by cost.....and no worries about paying for education etc.....its a beautiful thing ...if you are native...
    I would be interested in your evidence.....
    Ahhhhh, nevermind.....
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    The issue and the solution is simple : Natives have to start realizing this is 2013 and not 1750.
    So just erase the treaty right? throw it out.... hey, we might as well just throw out the human bill of rights too, I'm sure silly things like laws have inconvenienced some people in the past.....
    - Mark Twain

Thankfully, I havent been unfortunate enough to find myself in the midst of one of their "Idle No More" protests. These protests are getting out of hand. The Natives want us to help fight for their rights but are going about it the wrong way. Blocking off Queen St or disrupting traffic on Great Northern Rd during one of the busiest times of the day is not going to make me sympathize with them. I would be tempted to drive though a blockade if I encountered one on the new highway. Speaking of which, I havent seen any protests or blockades since the colder weather came. I guess they idle no more when it is most convenient for them and most inconvenient for us.
    <insert witty comment here>

So just erase the treaty right? throw it out.... hey, we might as well just throw out the human bill of rights too, I'm sure silly things like laws have inconvenienced some people in the past.....
    The treaties are not a law, they are an agreement. I have never heard of an agreement that lasts forever.
    I have no problem if natives want to live their old ways. In fact, I encourage it since they would not require any money or ownership of land.
    They want it both ways, which is not going to work.

The treaties are not a law, they are an agreement. I have never heard of an agreement that lasts forever.
    I have no problem if natives want to live their old ways. In fact, I encourage it since they would not require any money or ownership of land.
    You think it is possible in this society that we created for anyone to live free of money and ownership???
    no, we took that possibility from them ages ago.... around the same time we took their children and threw them into death ca..... er I mean residential schools.
    - Mark Twain

You think it is possible in this society that we created for anyone to live free of money and ownership???
    no, we took that possibility from them ages ago.... around the same time we took their children and threw them into death ca..... er I mean residential schools.
    DQ, you seem to want natives to perpetuate a state of victimhood. It's a good thing not all of them think the way you do.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

Hmm...most of my ex's family all have TWO kids....and most of any other native families I know have up to TWO children...as for their schooling being paid for by the band...it's better than the previous approach by the government which was to throw them into concentration ca....umm....residential schools where the kids were physically, sexually, emotionally, and mentally abused, and have their medical needs neglected, quite often leading to their premature death.

Actually they are more than law, as you put it...they are
    recognized and affirmed by Canada's Constitution.
    (Treaties with Aboriginal people in Canada)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information