Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: pasport

Default Re: pasport

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    A passport is only need if crossing the border by other than a land crossing.
    1)You need a passport or enhanced drivers licence or nexus card to cross by land. You do not need a passport to fly within the states
    2)Anyone under the age of 16 only needs a birthcertificate. to cross by land and to fly within the states.

I flew from flint to tampa with my 2 year old last year, I had my passport my son did not. I did not need to show my passport at the airport but did and only needed to show my sons birth certificate at the airport.
    MagicFingers

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    Sorry Tutones, but you are mistaken. We were explicitely told by "The American Border people", that our Nexus cards were only good for "ground" travel into and out of the U.S. Not flights or boats or spaceshuttles. Exact wording....
    nope, you were misled. nexus is good for air travel; TSA inspection at airports have nexus lines; however you do need to get your retina scanned at one of the airports listed on the nexus website.

I don't know why anyone would want to take chances on having their travel plans ruined, or ending up in some legal tangle in the US, when for $90 you can have a proper passport, and use it to travel anywhere in the world.

By the way, the price of passports is going to jump in July, so it is a good time to get one. They last five years.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

Like the above poster said. It's beyond me why somebody would not have a valid passport at all times.
    I keep 2 valid passports at all times.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

I'll never be without my passport. Who knows? I may decide to drop everything and take another vacation to Jamaica or something... passport required for that. I miss Jamaica. It was a great vacay! *daydreams while the snow falls here*
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want to take chances on having their travel plans ruined, or ending up in some legal tangle in the US, when for $90 you can have a proper passport, and use it to travel anywhere in the world.

By the way, the price of passports is going to jump in July, so it is a good time to get one. They last five years.
    yes they are going to jump in price but will be valid.for i believe 10 years.....its either 8 or 10 but believe it is the later
    MagicFingers

That's good news - the price gouging almost turns into a bargain, if you get double the amount of time on them!
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

MagicFingers

passports have been a fact of life everywhere on the planet except north america. we were spoiled not needing one to get into the u.s. i see it as north america getting up to speed with the rest of the world. everyone get one! lol

Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar

Are stores open on stat holidays? Do we have to cross the bridge to get to Soo Michigan if I drive over? Will the sun rise in the morning if it's not sunny? Some people make my eyes roll. Get a damn passport once and for all and remove all doubt ffs lol

Passports at the old rates and now at the new rates are not a bargain in Canada.

From the Passport Canada website:

The current maximum validity period varies with the age of the passport holder:

Adults (16 years of age or over): 5 years
    Children (3 to 15 years of age): 5 years
    Children (Under 3 years of age): 3 years

regardless of the validity date...still need one. renewed mine last month. i was told that by summer they are coming out with more enhancements on it which equals more expensive.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information