Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

  1. #81
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,251

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Nobody "screws" you up besides you. Still wondering where those jobs are eh?
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  2. #82
    Senior Member dancingqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    20,062

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    I find it funny that you guys are so critical of my posts, yet cannot point out anything specifically wrong with them...
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    My own little reality
    Posts
    3,015

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    How about we start with the fact that I already pointed out...that you are not a parent? You keep ignoring that.

    Next, we'll move on to the fact that you don't even know what my generation IS.

    Then we'll move on to the fact that I am in the first generation to be told to spend beaucoup bucks to get an education, but there were few jobs.

    You slammed all of recent parenthood, but are not a parent. You over-generalize. You assume. You do not back up your opinion with related experience in parenthood. How's that for specifics.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON, Canada
    Posts
    3,128

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Some people think it is over kill. Or maybe the kid deserved detention. But perhaps not the whole story has been told. Perhaps this individual has had several detentions, perhaps several suspensions. Perhaps the individual or individuals that were hit by the binder were actually hurt. If it was your child that came home and was hurt because some one threw a binder at them then perhaps it would then be more serious. Perhaps it also has more to do with what led up to the outburst, and what was also said during the outburst. We are simply getting a written report of the outcome of the outburst but we weren't there so we really don't know the severity of the issue. I say Kudos for pressing charges.
    MagicFingers

  5. #85
    Senior Member Hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    769

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Have to say it, ANYONE??? lol

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    This is kinda getting weird.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Ladywolf 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by official soonet pu$$ycat View Post
    This is kinda getting weird.
    "Getting"??????
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

  8. #88

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    You keep clinging on to the fact that you're a parent and I'm not and using that as a way to prove that I cannot identify patterns...
    [sarcasm] Obviously your parents raised you the right way. [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Hans; 02-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.

  9. #89
    Senior Member NewCasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    France. Yeah that's it, we're from France.
    Posts
    7,994

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    You keep clinging on to the fact that you're a parent and I'm not and using that as a way to prove that I cannot identify patterns...
    Thanks for making your point. You know nothing. And you know it with extreme prejudice ;-)
    Last edited by Hans; 02-21-2013 at 07:54 PM.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Ah...yes...we do need a psychology board to discuss Oedipus complex and such things that will help us understand ....patterns.

  11. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,974

    Talking Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    I honestly would never listen to advice about parenting from a non parent. I bet half the people in any social service regarding kids, have no kids themselves. Here is the real problem with where things went wrong.

    We have a group of people in university studying the patterns of children and child rearing techniques. These students have no children so they have to do things that sound good on paper. Know what sounds good on paper? Things like not keeping score, picking teams so no child gets picked last and cutting sandwiches (no peanut butter) in 4 so that there is only a minimal amount of cheese whiz in the corners of their lips. This sounds wonderful that no kids have to endure the pain of having to tell someone to wipe their mouth.

    Fastforward to 4 years later. A texbook gets written about all the good stuff on paper. A new batch of kids come along and say let's expand on this. How about these kids only get these sandwhiches at various intervals during the day. You know because breakfast, lunch, recesses and dinner are not enough. Now we have just increased the oppurtunity for cheese lips since there are more eating times.

    Fastforward again. Now we have a new batch of people working with the old batch. They say hey, we should do a study showing that our idea is great for kids. "Hey Dr. Carl, we need a sample of kids to test this on." Well Dr. Carl has no kids and his colleagues dont have kids, so let's just take kids out of the natural world and create a simulated world and we will learn so much. Problem is that you can't create a simulated world so let's look at patterns. Ya look all these kids come from broken homes and they are all bad. That must be the cause because its a pattern. I bet all those kids also wear shorts in the summer. Maybe people are bad because of the damn shorts.

    ...and as for blaming past generations, think about how stupid that is. We are all products of past generations. It is a continuous line of evolution. Human nature is human nature. We are no different than past generations.

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    909

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Speaking of shorts (non summer type), I would be interested to know the psychological effects of sagging pants and any patterns in the way pants are sagged....oh...someone has already studied that.

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    My own little reality
    Posts
    3,015

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    You keep clinging on to the fact that you're a parent and I'm not and using that as a way to prove that I cannot identify patterns...
    Oh, fer gawd sake. Nice to see you can acknowledge your lack of real world experience by pointing out that I can give birth, and you can't. And in such a classy fashion. I don't "cling" to the fact that I am a parent, I AM a parent, with all of the experiences that come with it. Your argument seems to be that if you read something, or talk about something, that makes you an expert. If you read about doctors, and have a doctor, does that make you as qualified as a doctor to speak about patients, in a medical context? No.

    I can see patterns, too. Your pattern is to fail to back your assertions with no experience.
    Last edited by Hans; 02-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.

  14. #94
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,251

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    I am only going to say this once : if you can't discuss a topic using appropriate language you will find your posts edited, removed or whatever else I decide to do with it.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  15. #95
    Senior Member Bluesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Thanks Hans!
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Unfortunately we are raising our kids in a generation where they are made to believe they are more important than everything else...
    Raised yourself did ya?

  17. #97
    Senior Member Misschix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    3,424

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    This convo has made me want to smack you all with a binder ffs

  18. #98
    Senior Member Add's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,328

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by Misschix View Post
    This convo has made me want to smack you all with a binder ffs
    Bring it!

  19. #99
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,908

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by Misschix View Post
    This convo has made me want to smack you all with a binder ffs
    Don't do it in a school.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  20. #100
    Senior Member Peety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,533

    Default Re: 14 year old charged with assault with weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Don't do it in a school.
    LOL.. Good advice!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts