Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clockwork Computers

Default Clockwork Computers

Anyone deal there ???

Default Re: Clockwork Computers

Yes, long time ago, but if nothing has changed, fair prices, fantastic support and service and very quick.
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

I think it's called Joe's Clockwork now. I brought my computer in and he was very reasonable in price

Yes, it is called Joe's Clockwork Computers now. I dealt there a couple of times and service was good, guy was helpful and fast & efficient.

It's been awhile but they where pretty good to deal with from what I remember.

3/4 of the place is a clothing and trinket store that reminds me of a gypsy booth of some sort. Like the rest of the antique shops here, they dont have jack **** in. Unless you want some tech from 2003 era.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

It's true, we don't keep a lot in stock anymore simply because people are mainly shopping online. We don't have the kind of cash that would allow inventory to sit on the shelves or in cabinets for months on end, losing value every day as you well know computer parts do.

The rest of the storefront was not being used, so we did invite Heather Jordan Jewelry to display a lot of her creations there. They are most certainly not "trinkets" though. Everything of hers is hand-made with quality stones and Swarovski crystal.

Any time a local creative person approaches us about carrying something in the store for them on consignment, we consider it. Some we then display, some we don't. I don't personally see anything wrong with helping people out in their aspirations. Someone helped us when owning the store was our dream. Why shouldn't we pay it forward?

Sorry that your eyes were so offended upon entering our little place but I think that we do alright, we love what we do and we try to help others while we do it.

Take care, everyone.

Edited to add a thank-you to everyone who had something positive to say. Joey and I appreciate that very much and sorry for only responding to the negative post.

clockwork has always supported us with our fundraising here locally in the soo and we are very grateful for that!!!

i think it is really nice that you utilize your store to accommodate other things.

Sara, from this crowd, I guess you are doing really well. 5 positive comments to one negative (and now obviously ill-informed) comment is remarkable!
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt View Post
    Guy there will match prices you can find online, so it's worth going, just to support a local business.
    Oh my God someone on here actually wants to support a local Business. Heart be still.

I have been going there for a long time and every time the service has been great. We have 4 computers going on in our household at any one time and many things go from time to time. \we have had nothing but quick and efficient service and reasonable prices too. As far as the other items on display, i dont see a problem since i'm going in for computer repairs not window shopping. who cares what they display! Really folks....do we need to focus on such insignificant details when local businesses are trying to provide us with a good service??

Where is this? I love different stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    Where is this? I love different stuff.
    Behind Georges Intercity Springs on Black Road Between Mcnabb and MacDonald.

Thanks

Banned

Got a good trailer hitch at Springs. Good guys.

Great support there from Joe and Sara and staff. Pleasant, friendly, and fair. Not a single complaint, and I keep referring them to everyone I know. Some people have nothing better to do then spew their negativity. All in all, I agree with the bloke on here who said, only one negative comment, amongst the comments, and even that comment, said nothing negative about the computer support you provide. And It is great Sara that you are helping and encouraging other local businesses too with your display.

Just saying......
    Cat Slave 101, The opinions I express, are my own and are not in any way affiliated with any Volunteer Position, or Employed Position I hold. Please, spay an neuter your pets, and help with population control.

Keep doing what you two are doing Sara ...

Decker was the only one with a negative comment but I believe he is the only IT guy who has responded up to this point. Can't really blame him, it's the way this city is so don't take it so personally. Any "hardcore" type of person cannot buy anything locally as usually the higher-end stuff is not in stock and stores always seem limited in stock. This does aggravate people and I can't blame them, I get the same way. When it comes to this city it does seem that stores don't keep much in stock but they cannot because there just isn't enough traffic/buyers of high end in this town and as you said, it will just sit and depreciate in value - especially tech. Don't even get me started on the music stores in town.

You're doing alright if you're keeping the "mortals" happy.

The only thing that would bring the "hardcore" in to buy locally if it is already in stock and we can have it "RIGHT NOW" if you know what I mean. Nowadays, when someone behind the counter says, "We can order it for you though" my response is to smile and say, "Cool, so can I."

Good luck! Careful though, you may end up being known as a "trinket shop" more than a computer place. Kidding.

Banned

If their building was orange could we call them Clockwork Orange?

yes you could!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information