Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pet beagle.

Hybrid View

Unhappy Pet beagle.

My 12 year old beagle has started peeing behind my chair in the living room. I let her out at least four times a day and take her for walks at least three times a day. It happens when I am away from the house for three hours or more. Could she be having kidney problems? Is there anything I could spray on the floor to discourage her?

Thanks.

Default Re: Pet beagle.

You need to get the smell out of the spot she`s peeing on. There are commercially available products, one is Urine Contamination treatment available from Wood Wyant on North St. Works great. Or you can use white vinegar to treat the area. She has marked the place and will return to it any time she needs to go, so by unmarking it, that will eliminate it as habit. Best to see the vet to have her checked to see if something is going on. I`ve never had a dog with kidney problems, but I do have seven dogs that occasionally pee in the house....so unmarking is a ritual.
    She`s an older girl so a vet visit is probably very much in order.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Thanks A "lil" loopy. Had her checked by the vet and she passed her tests. I tried the vinegar thing and it seems to be working so far. I have also increase her times outside, sometimes insisting that she goe out. I then sit on the deck until she does something before I let her back in the house.

If she is having bladder control problems, there is medication for that for older dogs. Glad the vinegar is working, the stuff is great and fortunately pretty cheap.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information