Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here’s an astonishingly simple trick that could keep you from killing a cyclist

Default Here’s an astonishingly simple trick that could keep you from killing a cyclist

Here’s an astonishingly simple trick that could keep you from killing a cyclist

http://grist.org/list/heres-an-aston...ing-a-cyclist/

Banned

Default Re: Here’s an astonishingly simple trick that could keep you from killing a cyclist

Somebody who can be trained to do that can be trained to just look for cyclists.

Default Re: Here’s an astonishingly simple trick that could keep you from killing a cyclist

This should not be a new idea. Ever since I got my license, I always do that check so my door doesn't get ripped off, along with my arm, by a passing bus, or whatever. So, obviously, if there is a cyclist coming, I will see them also.

Actually I've seen a better idea down south (and here, if you include parts of the hub trail)... In busy locations, like down town, instead of wasting that space between the sidewalk and curb you put a cyclist lane. That way riders don't interfere with walking pedestrians and don't have to risk their lives being down with the idiot drivers.

Certainly don't be a cyclist in Sault Ste. Marie
    I wonder if there are any other "cities" that don't have a bike lane on any of their major streets... Probably not, cause Sault Ste. Marie is so cool and unique...
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    Certainly don't be a cyclist in Sault Ste. Marie
    I wonder if there are any other "cities" that don't have a bike lane on any of their major streets... Probably not, cause Sault Ste. Marie is so cool and unique...
    I don't make fun of the Sault or ***** about it, but yeah, after once getting hit while waiting at a light, I would never ride a bike around town. How do you hit a car that's just sitting there?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr belsito View Post
    When will they get a license, insurance, pay for gas, share costs ???
    The day somebody says "wow that Belsito is a smart guy"

Now that we established cyclists will never need to get a license....

When will they get a license, insurance, pay for gas, share costs ???
    cause paying for gas and insurance is "sharing the cost"....
    Share the cost of what exactly?
    - Mark Twain

Banned

Really DQ, the cost of road up keep, liability etc, etc. Dq, you are a very intelligent person, a nice person, im just tired of you always trying to start arguments, not discussions, arguments. You do this blatantly all the time, you obviously get off on it ? Lets bring scooters that have no license,no insurance into this discussion, its all relative, they all share the road !
    Let's talk about people on bicycles. I would like to hear your opinions on how much they should be paying and the graduated license system for gaining your bicycle license. Would training wheels mean higher insurance costs? Would parallel parking mishaps cost you your roadside bicycle test? Would Spokey Dokes classify your bike as a sportsbike thus costing hundred more in insurance. Please Mr Belsito, tell us your opinions on the matter.

Really DQ, the cost of road up keep, liability etc, etc. Dq, you are a very intelligent person, a nice person, im just tired of you always trying to start arguments, not discussions, arguments. You do this blatantly all the time, you obviously get off on it ? Lets bring scooters that have no license,no insurance into this discussion, its all relative, they all share the road !
    And how does paying for gas (on a device that does not need it) and insurance contribute to the cost of repairing roads? How much gas should they pay for on a monthly basis? I actually agree with you on a certain licencing requirement, though not quite as in depth as one required for driving a car.
    - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information