Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is happening with the drivers in this city.

Unhappy What is happening with the drivers in this city.

2 deaths in as many days here in the Sault due to MVC. Are people distracted, or just terrible drivers? Please people, the kids are heading back to school in a few days, please be careful and pay attention.

Default Re: What is happening with the drivers in this city.

If it wasn't for the end of the month, nothing would happen in this town.

This should not be happening in this day and age. I would like to know where these drunks were coming from and who allowed them to get in a vehicle and drive.

It doesn't matter where they were coming from - they are responsible for their own actions and should be punished appropriately. Nobody should be criticized for giving them booze, selling them booze or letting them drive - They are RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS ! If you want to call and report them when they leave, fine but I don't believe in this suing the bar and the server and the beer company and whoever else. I know people are going to flame me for this, but that's my opinion. This driver has done it to himself and will suffer the consequences.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdDawg View Post
    It doesn't matter where they were coming from - they are responsible for their own actions and should be punished appropriately. Nobody should be criticized for giving them booze, selling them booze or letting them drive - They are RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS ! If you want to call and report them when they leave, fine but I don't believe in this suing the bar and the server and the beer company and whoever else. I know people are going to flame me for this, but that's my opinion. This driver has done it to himself and will suffer the consequences.
    Couldn't agree more. A guy gets drunk and kills somebody and the first thing ssmarie says is I wonder who served them. That's brutal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ssmarie View Post
    This should not be happening in this day and age. I would like to know where these drunks were coming from and who allowed them to get in a vehicle and drive.
    Whoever let's you get into a vehicle sober should be in trouble.

They are indeed responsible for their own actions, so are those who served them.
    It's a common occurrence these days for people to shift responsibility onto someone else.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Banned

100% of the blame should be placed on a drunk driver. Any bar infraction such as over serving should have a penalty that is independent of what a person chooses to do after the bar unless there was a flagrant disregard on the servers behalf. Even then the responsibilty should be minimal on the bar. Most people make the decision to drive before they even start drinking knowing full well that they are driving home no matter how much they drink.

my prayers go out to her family, she was a lovely lady whom I had the pleasure to know and my son and his friends will miss her,

Such a stupid tragedy, that so could have been prevented if the driver said ' nah, I can't drive, I'm too wasted lets call a cab" how friggen hard is that. And who was the idiot that got in to that truck with him?? Hope you can live with this on your conscience? Stupid, just stupid.

I agree with the cat and the byrd.. oh, and hans
    we don't make McDonalds responsible for everyone that has a heart attack, or cigarette companies for everyone who gets lung cancer.
    Why are bars responsible for the condition people choose to drive in?
    Love like you've never been hurt
    Sing like nobody's listening
    Dance like nobody's watching
    And Live Like it's Heaven on Earth
    - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr belsito View Post
    Should police have the authority to "Nite stick" a drunk driver ? Its a question, what do you think, maybe if they cause an accident, injure and kill someone ?
    the cops could just say that the (nite stick) injury was caused in the accident, no one would be the wiser. I hope that the judge makes an example of him and throws the book at him, we NEED stiffer punishments, this sh*t has gone on way too long, it needs to STOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingqueen View Post
    I agree with the cat and the byrd.. oh, and hans
    we don't make McDonalds responsible for everyone that has a heart attack, or cigarette companies for everyone who gets lung cancer.
    Why are bars responsible for the condition people choose to drive in?
    While we don't make them directly responsible, we have the cigarette companies forced to alter their advertising techniques, and I think by now most people realize the harm it does.
    As for McDonalds, they are starting to feel the heat, same as the soda companies.
    It's just a matter of time before their advertising tactics get modified.

This is al a result of those industries not being able to regulate themselves properly.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information