Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The New Garbage Bins

Default Re: The New Garbage Bins

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Yeah, but then you can't see where the bin is going. I prefer not to scratch the side of my vehicle with a recycling bin.
    If you're walking backwards you should be looking at the bin. If you can't walk a straight line without looking behind you, ease up on the eggnog.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

If I am looking at the bin while walking backwards, how am I supposed to see where I am going?
    That's like driving a car backwards looking forward.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    If you're walking backwards you should be looking at the bin. If you can't walk a straight line without looking behind you, ease up on the eggnog.
    If I am looking at the bin while walking backwards, how am I supposed to see where I am going?
    LOL! Abbott & Costello have nothing on you guys.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

It might be a good idea to move the vehicles out of the driveway before attempting those tricky maneuvers Hans. Life holds many challenges, I'm sure you can overcome this one.

When the body is pushed the weight of the body divides into Fcosθ and Fsinθ. Fcosθ is the force acting on the body, while Fsinθ is added to the mass of the body and the apparent weight if the body increases. But in pulling the Fsinθ is balanced with the normal reaction of weight of the body. So no adding of extra mass to the body and the cos component is the force acting to move the body.

I dunno - it just seems easier for me to pull the darn thing the 150 feet or so, using the .....well like...pulling a wagon.

Other Things It's Like..kinda

It's like riding backwards in a boat while facing forward.

It's like rollerblading backwards up a hill while doing a handstand

It's like driving a car that's sitting on a transport that's driving in the opposite direction

It's like leaning backwards on a Segway and going forward

It's like toboganning on a landing strip.

It's like riding an upside down skateboard.

It's like driving a scooter up the down escalator

It's like a boat ride down a dirt road

Walking backwards with a recycle bin is exactly like all of these. Exactly.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

Nooooo I used boat twice. How embarrassing.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by stupefied View Post
    It might be a good idea to move the vehicles out of the driveway before attempting those tricky maneuvers Hans. Life holds many challenges, I'm sure you can overcome this one.
    I should not have to just to get this stupid bin down my driveway.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

I know Hans. Life just isn't fair sometimes. If people in 3rd world countries knew some of the crap we have to deal with they would learn to appreciate their simple problems.

As covered in my world famous works of art.

Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    I dunno - it just seems easier for me to pull the darn thing the 150 feet or so, using the .....well like...pulling a wagon.
    I was trying to ease him into this. But if baptism by fire is what you had in mind.........you've succeeded.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

These bins are way too big, I had to relocate one of my garbage cans to a new location because they both don't fit anymore with this huge bin.

I have also found they are a lot more picky too with what they are taking. Plastics we used to put out before they changed are now getting rejected, and when they reject it, they just don't pick up the entire bin. Why was there no complaints before these bins with the plastics but now there is.

How do they know not to pick up the bin? They drive up beside it, and use the arm to pick it up. Are you sure it isn't being picked up because there isn't enough room for them to get the arms around it?
    I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

"I cannot live on bread alone...the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - RWGR, 2008

"I did not eat today. I do not need to eat any day, because the presence of my dearest Lynys sustains me" - Aristotle, 2014

"There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people; Religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus Van Pelt

"If there is a god, why did he make me an atheist?" - Ricky Gervais

I have also found they are a lot more picky too with what they are taking. Plastics we used to put out before they changed are now getting rejected, and when they reject it, they just don't pick up the entire bin. Why was there no complaints before these bins with the plastics but now there is.
    It's the opposite. They do not even get out of the truck anymore. You can put a dead cat or a full can of paint in the new bin now and they would take it without knowing any better.

The guy that does my route clearly checks them first, because he even put a piece of paper on it checking off what was wrong. So now even if you have one thing they don't like they will reject the entire bin, not like the old way if they didn't like something they would take the rest and just put the one thing back in the bin.

Big brother is watching your garbage!

"Cameras installed inside collection trucks verify if your recyclables are sorted properly. Should there
    be a particular concern with a cart or its contents, a rejection notice will be left on the cart to educate
    the homeowner. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to make sure recycling products are clean and
    properly sorted. Carts with open lids will not be emptied, and please do not leave items on top of your
    cart. Bundles of cardboard are still accepted if cut and tied into 2 ft. by 2 ft. by 1 ft. sections placed
    beside the cart. "

http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.c...ection2013.pdf

Just a quick question on the statement on the website that says "Remember to rinse out cans and bottles". Now I understand that they don't want a garbage smell but how in the world is this really saving anything by calling it recycling? We are now going to wash the material left in the cans and bottles to put thru the water treatment plant. Really just moving the garbage from one area to another. We may be saving some landfill area but putting extra stress on another area. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    Big brother is watching your garbage!

"Cameras installed inside collection trucks verify if your recyclables are sorted properly. Should there
    be a particular concern with a cart or its contents, a rejection notice will be left on the cart to educate
    the homeowner. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to make sure recycling products are clean and
    properly sorted.
    Carts with open lids will not be emptied, and please do not leave items on top of your
    cart. Bundles of cardboard are still accepted if cut and tied into 2 ft. by 2 ft. by 1 ft. sections placed
    beside the cart. "

http://www.city.sault-ste-marie.on.c...ection2013.pdf
    Why isn't the City demanding that the homeowner deodorize and gift-wrap all recyclables first, or greet the drivers at the curb with coffee and cake?

They're GARBAGE men! Just pick up the garbage.

Oops...I mean garbage people.
    Last edited by Barry Morris; 12-07-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: profanity
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

I found it easier to stuff everything in a garbage bag. They always seem to take those.

So kiddies, how are those new recycle bins working out these days?

Anybody make the transition from 'they're grrreeeat!' to 'WTF?'
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information