Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 137

Thread: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Danica hit the wall again last weekend.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Ricky Won Back to Back NationWide Titles before he won Rookie of the Year last Season that's the makings of a Pedigree.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Danica hit the wall again last weekend.
    Her owners must be real idiots.

    Or is there something more to it.

    The simple question would be, "How is she compared to others??"

    No reason on earth a woman can't race. And someday there will be a true champion female driver!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Don't worry Go-Daddy has lot's of money for more cars. That's what her owners would say.

    "How does she compare?" The simple answer would be not very favorably.
    Last edited by The Voice; 03-01-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: clarification
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Don't worry Go-Daddy has lot's of money for more cars. That's what her owners would say.

    "How does she compare?" The simple answer would be not very favorably.
    How many cars run a race?? Where does she usually qualify? Where does she usually finish??

    It's easy to SAY "not very well", but where does she end up in those numbers?? THAT shows the reality.

    Oh yeah, and how often does she wreck, when it's her fault??

    I suspect she's doing better than most, out of 40 plus cars, on any given day.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    How many cars run a race?? Where does she usually qualify? Where does she usually finish??

    It's easy to SAY "not very well", but where does she end up in those numbers?? THAT shows the reality.

    Oh yeah, and how often does she wreck, when it's her fault??

    I suspect she's doing better than most, out of 40 plus cars, on any given day.
    The problem I have with this is you don't know anything about Danica but you keep saying she is great?
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Danica finish's 30th week after week in a car capable of winning.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    The problem I have with this is you don't know anything about Danica but you keep saying she is great?
    I said she was great?? Where??

    I said, or implied, she isn't the worst!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    An argument could be made that she doesn't deserve to be in NASCAR.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    You have to be great to be a champion IMO.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danica_Patrick

    Cut through all the fluff and go to her stats near the bottom and you will see the real story of danica 1 win in a rain shortened race in Japan when only 1/2 the Indy Car regulars attended due to cost.

    That's 1 win in 16 years of professional racing so far.

    Like I said Way Way overrated the proof is in the pudding my friends.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    An argument could be made that she doesn't deserve to be in NASCAR.
    Then neither do the 10 plus guys under her.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danica_Patrick

    Cut through all the fluff and go to her stats near the bottom and you will see the real story of danica 1 win in a rain shortened race in Japan when only 1/2 the Indy Car regulars attended due to cost.

    That's 1 win in 16 years of professional racing so far.

    Like I said Way Way overrated the proof is in the pudding my friends.
    Sure. And this compares to other drivers how??

    You must really hate statistics.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Another stellar 36th place finish for danica.

    I wonder how her sponsors are loving their investment?
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Another stellar 36th place finish for danica.

    I wonder how her sponsors are loving their investment?
    Was she last?? And did you forget that racing at this level is a business??

    I rest my case.
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  16. #36
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,889

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Another stellar 36th place finish for danica.

    I wonder how her sponsors are loving their investment?
    I'd have to wonder if their investment in her is winning as much as it is in her being female. Judging her results, I'd have to assume it's gender.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Was she last?? And did you forget that racing at this level is a business??

    I rest my case.
    Do you even watch NASCAR?
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    I'd have to wonder if their investment in her is winning as much as it is in her being female. Judging her results, I'd have to assume it's gender.
    I'm very sure her gender doesn't hurt!!!

    Like I said, it's a business!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice View Post
    Do you even watch NASCAR?
    Why?? Was she last??
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: Nascar Has Lost It's Luster

    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Why?? Was she last??
    So you don't watch NASCAR do you?
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts