Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Modular Homes Info

Default Modular Homes Info

This past summer I was looking to buy a cottage in the area but couldn't quite find one that interested me. A friend mentioned that I should buy property and just build a cottage. I saw a commercial for "Modular Homes" on TV and then searched them out on the internet. Pretty neat concept. No, it's not a mobile home. Sections of a home or cottage are built in factories and shipped complete to the site of your choice and put together, box by box. A local company in the vid put them together. Bob Vila did a few shows on these things. Very slick. You can save 25% by using this method over scratch building a cottage from the ground up. My question is... does anyone do that here and if so, are their examples of them that you might know of just to physically see the product.

Default Re: Modular Homes Info

Wow The Freq - haven't seen you on this board in years.. There is a local contact for Guildcrest modular homes - Joel Chisholm -705-575-3678.
    As for the quality etc... no idea but at least there is a local rep you can call.

Attitude is contagious - is your's worth catching?
    The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..
    Make peace with your past, so it wont spoil the present

Hi Ma03.. Long time no see. ;-) Yeah I was locked up in Soonet prison for nearly 10 years. They final found the key and released me. :-) My old membership was long burned so I had to start again as a newbee.... or Freq-bee as I like to call it. ;-) Thanks for the info on the homes. ;-)
    "Zingy Zingy"

Hey...just saw this. There's a good sized house on Old Garden River Road (closer to me) that was a modular home. Transports brought it in huge sections and I do believe even the roof was seperate. We were amazed that it could be done....property + instant home....= AWESOME! Really nice, big all one level (except the basement) home. Looks like cathedral ceilings in the entrance. On the right side going down the hill, dark grey/brownish siding with the fake brick stuff at the bottom. Nice rustic looking entrance, couple-car garage on the end.
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

also....in that realtor book/magazine that comes in the Sault This Week every now and then had a free house (2 bedroom) just needed to be moved off the property. Provided you get a piece of property that's not too far off the beaten path, all you'd have to pay is the housemovers. People do that, snap deals up like this, put it on a piece of property then add lots of $$$$ and sell it for mucho profit!
    ♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**.❤.**♫♪♪♫**. ❤.**♫♪

Quote Originally Posted by Xzavia View Post
    Hey...just saw this. There's a good sized house on Old Garden River Road (closer to me) that was a modular home. Transports brought it in huge sections and I do believe even the roof was seperate. We were amazed that it could be done....property + instant home....= AWESOME! Really nice, big all one level (except the basement) home. Looks like cathedral ceilings in the entrance. On the right side going down the hill, dark grey/brownish siding with the fake brick stuff at the bottom. Nice rustic looking entrance, couple-car garage on the end.
    I'm gonna check it out!!
    "Zingy Zingy"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information