Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

  1. #1
    Senior Member The Freq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Below the Surface :-)
    Posts
    252

    Default Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Well, so much for the peak hour scam our local PUC laid on us. Doesn't matter if you try and follow their system, they still nail you with another overall price increase on power. It gets pretty bad when the raises I get at work can't keep up with the B.S. of PUC increases, Insurance hikes and new regulations, fuel costs, etc. It's a no win situation. With all the windmills and solar farms you'd think that would benefit us, but obviously it doesn't. Time for a ritual killing. Which government official or CEO should we pick?

    http://www.sootoday.com/content/news...ls.asp?c=62940
    "Zingy Zingy"

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,252

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Just out of curiosity: how often do you visit places like Tim Horton's on a monthly basis to get a cup of coffee or something similar?
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Let's say I go 10 times a day and get a large double double. Proceed with your point which I feel will be a silly argument.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,252

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    If you go 1 time less a month, you will have saved enough money to pay for the rate increase.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  5. #5

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Just as i suspected. An awful argument.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Yeah, we can't go out for coffee, because we have to save that money for the monthly raping by the power companies.

    Nice totalitarian thinking, there.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  7. #7
    Senior Member bilbo79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Less peasants holding up the tim hortons lines because they need to save their pennies, I'm all for this plan.


  8. #8
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,908

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    Yeah, we can't go out for coffee, because we have to save that money for the monthly raping by the power companies.

    Nice totalitarian thinking, there.
    Any other suggestions?
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    I just made a comment, not a suggestion.
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  10. #10
    Senior Member The Freq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Below the Surface :-)
    Posts
    252

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Just out of curiosity: how often do you visit places like Tim Horton's on a monthly basis to get a cup of coffee or something similar?
    Actually, I don't. I'm pretty much a basement dweller in my home. :-) I'm just finding my families wages aren't keeping up with the constant increases in utilities, taxes and insurance. If the government gave me my own windmill I might be a bit happier though. :-) I just don't like the fact that PUC tells us when to use power to get the lowest rates and then nails us with an increase anyways. Doesn't really help us out in the long run.
    "Zingy Zingy"

  11. #11
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,908

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    I just made a comment, not a suggestion.
    Glad you've accepted this role.....chin up!!
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  12. #12
    Senior Member Add's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,328

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo79 View Post
    Less peasants holding up the tim hortons lines because they need to save their pennies, I'm all for this plan.

    Ahahaha

  13. #13
    Senior Member KDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,227

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Freq View Post
    Well, so much for the peak hour scam our local PUC laid on us. Doesn't matter if you try and follow their system, they still nail you with another overall price increase on power. It gets pretty bad when the raises I get at work can't keep up with the B.S. of PUC increases, Insurance hikes and new regulations, fuel costs, etc. It's a no win situation. With all the windmills and solar farms you'd think that would benefit us, but obviously it doesn't. Time for a ritual killing. Which government official or CEO should we pick?
    We can thank McGuinty for this. He tried to save his sorry ass in the last election trying to buy 5 liberal seats by cancelling the construction of 2 unpopular gas plants. It cost Ontario taxpayers over $1 Billion. This is the first of many increases in our power rates.

    McGuinty should be in jail for this. I would like to hear from anyone why they would vote liberal in the next election.
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they're authentic.
    ~Abraham Lincoln

  14. #14
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Hans, for those of us who fail to attend Timmie's now due to budget constrains and find difficulty making ends meet, where do we cut? Can't afford to drink, smoke, eat out and drive only when necessary while living on pension, perhaps you may suggest cat food in lieu of tuna? Turn off my lights? Some comforting words of wisdom, please?????
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

  15. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    17,252

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    I have never visited a Tim Horton's in the past 13 years, I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I am still alive.
    I am sure you will manage to save $4/month to pay for the average rate increase.
    Alienware R10 3700X RTX 3080, Samsung 2443BW, Benq SW2700PT

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,927

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Some comforting words of wisdom, please?????
    “Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.”

    ― Ben Carson

  17. #17

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by stupefied View Post
    “Success is determined not by whether or not you face obstacles, but by your reaction to them. And if you look at these obstacles as a containing fence, they become your excuse for failure. If you look at them as a hurdle, each one strengthens you for the next.”

    ― Ben Carson

    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Igor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Hans, for those of us who fail to attend Timmie's now due to budget constrains and find difficulty making ends meet, where do we cut? Can't afford to drink, smoke, eat out and drive only when necessary while living on pension, perhaps you may suggest cat food in lieu of tuna? Turn off my lights? Some comforting words of wisdom, please?????
    Being on pension, more and more luxuries are being given up. Eating out, coffee out, newspaper, cable TV .... We have had to cut back on a lot of things. The only consolation that I have, is that all these young people will eventually be on pensions. Then maybe they will see how all these raises will affect them.

    What is sad is that I have seen some older people buying cat food and I only hope they have a cat.

  19. #19
    Senior Member bilbo79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anapeg View Post
    Hans, for those of us who fail to attend Timmie's now due to budget constrains and find difficulty making ends meet, where do we cut? Can't afford to drink, smoke, eat out and drive only when necessary while living on pension, perhaps you may suggest cat food in lieu of tuna? Turn off my lights? Some comforting words of wisdom, please?????
    Get a little side hustle like millions of other people. You have a computer and the internet im assuming? Thats all you need thats all you need to get started

  20. #20
    Senior Member Anapeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    just ever so slightly before the grave
    Posts
    9,629

    Default Re: Wow.. Electricity Prices Go Up Again!

    My point Hans is it rarely amounts to the four dollars they promise. My power bill went from $176.00 per month equal billing to $425.00 per month. This while following all their guide lines. This with changing windows, doors etc. and gas heat. Where does it end? My income remains static at a water and peanut butter level while those in power over the cost of my utilities live in luxury raising my cost at will. Can we say manipulation? Monopoly? Gouging?
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
    Joseph Joubert

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts