Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: 17B Fatality

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    While I agree this has long been a dangerous stretch of highway.

    I think that it was a traffic versus design thing not a racist thing.

    Fortunately the bypass that took 8 years to build has routed most of the traffic around the reserve.

    This young Mans death is nothing short of a travesty.

    I think we still have to wait for the whole story to come out, so conjecture is not all that productive.

  2. #22
    Senior Member steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Its sad how the police in this city and opp do their jobs,when they finally get out of their cars its to stick their foot in their mouth,if this is true that the older man only reported the accident,and even if he did hit the kid,he notified the cops and returned to wait.Boy when they put cameras on these cops will they be able to get out of their cars?..............Im sorry but i have NO FAITH in our police force.We should as citizens of the Soo be pushing for an office on gore street,lets station the cops where they need to be.

  3. #23
    Junior Member bazzinga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Rumour I've heard is that Jesse might have been passed out on the road. The driver wasn't drinking, was coming home from the casino where they've checked the security cameras and he didn't have a drink. Keyword is rumour.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Left Sock View Post
    You must be swelling

  4. #24

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Was he even hit by a car?
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

  5. #25

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    I have personally known the man charged in this inicdent for 25+ years. In that time I have never known him to take an alcohalic drink of any kind. He is not a well man and is on oxegen 24/7. He does not deserve this witch hunt.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    218

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by KBO View Post
    I have personally known the man charged in this inicdent for 25+ years. In that time I have never known him to take an alcohalic drink of any kind. He is not a well man and is on oxegen 24/7. He does not deserve this witch hunt.
    The sad thing is that Jesse Roach is no longer on oxygen, so what is your point.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    8,833

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Chief Sayers is quoted as saying in the Sault Star that 'there was no damage to the front of the vehicle' (presumably Mr. Mosher's vehicle, since he is the one charged).

    This can mean only one thing: that Mr. Roach was on the ground already, if/when he came into contact with Mr. Mosher's vehicle (if his vehicle was even involved, which is in doubt).

    So, given this latest news, if this young man who tragically lost his life was already down on an isolated stretch of highway in the dark, wearing dark clothing, how the hell can anyone be faulted for not seeing him there?

    Going to close the highways, have protests, damage relations between racial groups over this?

    http://www.saultstar.com/2013/11/11/...-investigation
    Currently being ignored: The Voice, The Official Cat of Soonet, Barry Morris, and Aristotle.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Upper Decker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,865

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Funny how when an indian is hit by a white person, there is a witch hunt. Where were the public statements for justice by the tribe when nagobe killed a cop and got a slap on the wrist.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

  9. #29

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by The Freq View Post
    Looks like you just may be right "Ctf". Just read this on the Sault Star site. Proper news reporting would probably have cleared some things up earlier on in the investigation. None the less, and interesting development. http://www.saultstar.com/2013/11/11/...idnt-hit-roach
    Again I ask the question - when if ever will the Sootoday website carry this portion of the story? I guess only stories that do nothing more than inflame a delicate situation are worthy?

  10. #30
    Senior Member Ladywolf 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Funny how when an indian is hit by a white person, there is a witch hunt. Where were the public statements for justice by the tribe when nagobe killed a cop and got a slap on the wrist.
    PARDON ME ? What the h--l is "your" issue? A young boy was found dead. Yes people (his , ours, police ) doesn't matter. We are a community. And there is plenty of concern and questions whenever someone is killed in this community. Yes one was a COP and one was a young boy, so what. Give your head a shake, both were not warranted and both need (needed) to be questioned. One was a COP and the other a young native boy, If that is your issue, I think that you should get help...
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

  11. #31
    Senior Member Tutones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    3rd Braincell to the right.
    Posts
    5,889

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    PARDON ME ? What the h--l is "your" issue? A young boy was found dead. Yes people (his , ours, police ) doesn't matter. We are a community. And there is plenty of concern and questions whenever someone is killed in this community. Yes one was a COP and one was a young boy, so what. Give your head a shake, both were not warranted and both need (needed) to be questioned. One was a COP and the other a young native boy, If that is your issue, I think that you should get help...
    No, one was a cop and the other was a young man. Race has nothing at all to do with this story. The police are following the evidence and the letter of the law just like they would for any young man found dead on a highway. It is unfortunate that some choose to see racism every where they look. I choose not to.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

  12. #32
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,908

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    PARDON ME ? What the h--l is "your" issue? A young boy was found dead. Yes people (his , ours, police ) doesn't matter. We are a community. And there is plenty of concern and questions whenever someone is killed in this community. Yes one was a COP and one was a young boy, so what. Give your head a shake, both were not warranted and both need (needed) to be questioned. One was a COP and the other a young native boy, If that is your issue, I think that you should get help...
    And these questions will be answered when the matter enters a court room!!
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  13. #33

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    No
    Um yeah.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Ladywolf 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    519

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutones View Post
    No, one was a cop and the other was a young man. Race has nothing at all to do with this story. The police are following the evidence and the letter of the law just like they would for any young man found dead on a highway. It is unfortunate that some choose to see racism every where they look. I choose not to.
    Would you try re-reading my post and try to read the words that were used in response to a quote from someone else ??? Reading IS fundamental.
    Last edited by Ladywolf 1; 11-14-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Grammar
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

  15. #35
    Senior Member Tutones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    3rd Braincell to the right.
    Posts
    5,889

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    Would you try re-reading my post and try to read the words that were used in response to a quote from someone else ??? Reading IS fundamental.
    I can read just fine, Thanks. My point is if you don't think people should be making it a native issue, why use his ethnicity in the last line of your post?

    The problem with the whole 'race issue' in my opinion is that even when people are going out of their way to not be racist, when things go wrong people will still accuse them of being racist simply for being of a race different than theirs. It never ends. I long for a day when people don't have to PROVE that they're not racist and we can all just trust that decisions are made based on simple fact and standard procedure.

    Distrusting people and assuming that they are racist simply because they are 'white' is
    still racism. EVERYONE needs to change their viewpoint, not just non-native peoples, if we ever want to truly see an end to racism.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

  16. #36
    Senior Member The 6th Member Of AC/DC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Soo
    Posts
    17,089

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    A quote from the Chief posted on the sault star website;

    "We will have these discussions with our members of the next few weeks and determine what actions we will take,” he said. “I believe it is a viable option. People don't stop in our community. They just travel through so the services we have are not being utilized by non natives. They are also not honouring the speed limit. It's very tough on our citizens. There is no respect for our community.”

    All of these not so subtle references are I am assuming are for non natives. Clearly, when people are speeding, they must all be white people, I suppose, according to him. All of these insinuations are pointing towards white people being the purveyor of wrong doing. What if, by chance, considering that some of the alleged evidence or lack therof proves that the accused did not hit Jessie and it happened to be a native resident of Garden River. I am not saying that happened, but that would lead to some serious backtracking when it comes to the them versus us argument doesnt it??!! Be careful what you wish for Chief. If it turns out that somehow, someone, finds out it was a native resident that hit Jessie then it would have been better off to not know who did this than having to eat your words after demonizing the non natives based on assumptions.

    On an added note, you never hear our mayor commenting on crime committed by those who live on the reserve do you? Can you imagine the backlash and hostility by the Band if our mayor were to mention that we should block the road because Natives living on the reserve commit crimes in the Soo and don't respect our community? God no, because the slightest insinuation of that would be deemed RACISM. Chew on that for a while.....
    Last edited by The 6th Member Of AC/DC; 11-17-2013 at 06:50 AM.

  17. #37
    Senior Member DM46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    409

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by The 6th Member Of AC/DC View Post
    A quote from the Chief posted on the sault star website;

    "We will have these discussions with our members of the next few weeks and determine what actions we will take,” he said. “I believe it is a viable option. People don't stop in our community. They just travel through so the services we have are not being utilized by non natives. They are also not honouring the speed limit. It's very tough on our citizens. There is no respect for our community.”

    All of these not so subtle references are I am assuming are for non natives. Clearly, when people are speeding, they must all be white people, I suppose, according to him. All of these insinuations are pointing towards white people being the purveyor of wrong doing. What if, by chance, considering that some of the alleged evidence or lack therof proves that the accused did not hit Jessie and it happened to be a native resident of Garden River. I am not saying that happened, but that would lead to some serious backtracking when it comes to the them versus us argument doesnt it??!! Be careful what you wish for Chief. If it turns out that somehow, someone, finds out it was a native resident that hit Jessie then it would have been better off to not know who did this than having to eat your words after demonizing the non natives based on assumptions.

    On an added note, you never hear our mayor commenting on crime committed by those who live on the reserve do you? Can you imagine the backlash and hostility by the Band if our mayor were to mention that we should block the road because Natives living on the reserve commit crimes in the Soo and don't respect our community? God no, because the slightest insinuation of that would be deemed RACISM. Chew on that for a while.....
    It's a Ford thing, you wouldn't understand.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Add's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, ON
    Posts
    2,328

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Quote Originally Posted by The 6th Member Of AC/DC View Post
    A quote from the Chief posted on the sault star website;

    "We will have these discussions with our members of the next few weeks and determine what actions we will take,” he said. “I believe it is a viable option. People don't stop in our community. They just travel through so the services we have are not being utilized by non natives. They are also not honouring the speed limit. It's very tough on our citizens. There is no respect for our community.”

    All of these not so subtle references are I am assuming are for non natives. Clearly, when people are speeding, they must all be white people, I suppose, according to him. All of these insinuations are pointing towards white people being the purveyor of wrong doing. What if, by chance, considering that some of the alleged evidence or lack therof proves that the accused did not hit Jessie and it happened to be a native resident of Garden River. I am not saying that happened, but that would lead to some serious backtracking when it comes to the them versus us argument doesnt it??!! Be careful what you wish for Chief. If it turns out that somehow, someone, finds out it was a native resident that hit Jessie then it would have been better off to not know who did this than having to eat your words after demonizing the non natives based on assumptions.

    On an added note, you never hear our mayor commenting on crime committed by those who live on the reserve do you? Can you imagine the backlash and hostility by the Band if our mayor were to mention that we should block the road because Natives living on the reserve commit crimes in the Soo and don't respect our community? God no, because the slightest insinuation of that would be deemed RACISM. Chew on that for a while.....

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: 17B Fatality

    Momma always told me, if I have nothing nice to say to say nothing at all.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts