Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Question about Reliance Hot Water Tank

Default Quick Question about Reliance Hot Water Tank

If you are renting a tank from them, would they have a sticker or identifying mark on their hot water tank?
    I've been paying the bill that comes to my building for over 6 years and am now questioning if it is actually a reliance owned tank. The bill is in the building owners name and Reliance calls me if the bill is late..... but knowing that the owner owns several places, I question if I'm actually paying for mine......or possibly someone elses?
    There is a PUC Rental sticker on this one but nothing that says Reliance.

Can anyone tell me what I can look for on the tank?
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

Default Re: Quick Question about Reliance Hot Water Tank

I don't think my OLD hotwater tank had a "Reliance" sticker on it...but when it leaked, Reliance replaced it for me. Don't know if that helps...

The rentals began before Reliance took over from some other company. May be lots out there that don't have Reliance stickers.

reliance offered me a maintainence contract for my central air and gas furnace. first 2 months free so i figured i'd get both serviced and inspected. i've called 3 times for an apointment and no call backs. i am cancelling the contract. not impressed

call to verify your account
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

I would call and get them to verify the service address. I ended up buying out my tank. I had the model number, went around town trying to get anywhere that sold that brand to get me a price for the same model so I could just do a swap out, but they kept getting hung up on trying to sell me on what the had on the shelf which would have required modifications to the venting system. Plus the venting is better on the model I had too because it didn't allow for any back drafts and used no power. Best suggestion I have is give them a call to find out your options and if it really is even a rental.

Why are YOU paying the rental if you don't own the building?! Seems awfully odd to rent a water tank for a rental property you are already paying rent on it.

Reliance took over water tank rentals from PUC so many tanks may still have PUC stickers on them.
    “Teachers are expected to reach unattainable goals with inadequate tools. The miracle is that at times they accomplish this impossible task.”
    Haim Ginott

Turns out that I'm paying for the tank in my building which was my concern. Reliance apparently took over this contract but the tank wasn't labelled to indicate that.
    I rent the building and am responsible for all maintenance costs as long as I'm in it....that's why commercial rentals usually suck so badly. No rules or protection unless you have an ironclad lease. However, I am relieved that I am not paying for someone elses tank that I'm not using.
    "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information