Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Canada Post to Stop Home Mail Delivery

Default Re: Canada Post to Stop Home Mail Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Milk was never delivered to the door by a Crown Company. So that is different.
    The vision of Canada Post is to serve Canadians with pride and passion. I suggest they deliver upon their promise and serve my mail to my door.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/abou...sionvalues.jsf
    Are you still waiting for the pony express to show up at your door too. I really would give up on the " Nor rain, nor snow or dead of night the express will go through be it friend or fight", theory. Lol.
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
    Hans, in Austria you would be known as the classic "extraWurst"

I rather be an extrawurst than a still wurst.<<<not my words.
    Hans, you should not reply within my post. It makes it look like I wrote that last line.. which I did not. This is an abuse of moderator powers. To make it look like I said something that I did not.
    Last edited by Bluesky; 12-14-2013 at 09:21 AM.
    The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.

This is an abuse of moderator powers.
    Here?
    This is an abuse of moderator powers.

Hans, you should not reply within my post. It makes it look like I wrote that last line.. which I did not. This is an abuse of moderator powers. To make it look like I said something that I did not.
    Relax, I pressed the wrong button and hit edit instead of reply.
    I could have undone it, but I decided to leave it rather than trying to hide the error.

My actual reply is further down the thread.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

If management is anything like the drivers for parcels, I can see why they are losing money out the wazoo. And of course the idiot masses are complacent with having services cut more, while costs go up to make up for incompetence.
    i7 970 @ 4.4ghz | Gigabyte x58a UD5 | 6 x 2gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz| Corasir HX1000w PSU | 2 x 40gb Intel SSD + 1TB WD Green | Zotac GTX 480 | Corsair Obsidian 700D
    EK Supreme | MCP655 | XSPC RX360 | DD Dual 5.25" Resvoir | EK GTX480 Nickle | 3 x Sflex 3000rpm 120 x 38mm |

It doesnt take a brain surgeon to realize how much mail has been cut down in the last decade. It makes perfect sense for them to stop home delivery. Just because you grew up with something doesn't mean it doesn't have to change with the times. It's complacency to just sit back and watch them waste billions of dollars over the next ten years because you want A&W coupons right at your door.
    The cat didn't come back the very next day but he does check in every now and then.

Milk was never delivered to the door by a Crown Company. So that is different.
    The vision of Canada Post is to serve Canadians with pride and passion. I suggest they deliver upon their promise and serve my mail to my door.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/abou...sionvalues.jsf
    Does that have to be delivered to you on a silver platter also? What part of they cannot self sustain themselves any longer is not understandable? Actually, I'm surprised that they haven't waited till they were millions and millions in debt 'Before' this announcement was made.
    Last edited by Ladywolf 1; 12-16-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fixed
    SPRING-SUMMER-FALL-YEAH !

Quote Originally Posted by Ladywolf 1 View Post
    Does that have to be delivered to you on a silver platter also? What part of they cannot self sustain themselves any longer without making our taxes go up even more, is not understandable? Actually, I'm surprised that they haven't waited till they were millions and millions in debt 'Before' this announcement was made.
    Read my previous post. Canada Post is not run on your tax dollar.
    Why are you hiding behind a username?

The new changes are not a big deal, been on that system for years. Don't even bother picking up mail every day.
    It works fine, there is a decent system to pick up your packages from the box too.

It never ceases to amaze me how easy people accept a cut down service and defend why it was cut down.

It is simple: Canada post never looked ahead to the future, and now they have no services to compete in the current market.
    Rather than fixing it, they cut down services and lay off people. I bet this will be just the start, as it does not solve the problem.
    2600X at 4.25 Ghz, CLC 240, OCZ Vertex 4, Corsair M4, Samsung EVO 850, Gigabyte G1 GTX 1070, 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB, Corsair 600T, Samsung 2443BW, Asus PB278Q 2560x1440

It never ceases to amaze me how easy people accept a cut down service and defend why it was cut down.
    I figure there's two types of people. Those who think more services are funded by paying a few illegals poverty wages to pick the bills from the magic money tree and those of us who realize the magic money tree requires more to operate than what it produces.

I can handle picking up the mail once a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Handyman View Post
    Canada Post does not use tax-payers dollars to operate. If fact, when the getting was good back in the 80s and 90s, Canada Post would give the Canadian Government a dividend of up to 100 million dollars annually even though this was not mandated by the Canada Post Act. The Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW), during contract negotiations, agreed to "contribution holidays" to Canada Post in reference to pension plan contributions. This, along with an aging workforce with multitudes retiring has led to a deficit in the pension plan to the amount of 5.6 billion dollars. This is the main reason for the current actions by Canada Post. There are a few more contributing tidbits, but this is the crux of it.
    di·chot·o·my
    dīˈkätəmē/
    noun
    noun: dichotomy; plural noun: dichotomies
    a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
    "a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticism"
    synonyms:contrast, difference, polarity, conflict;

Canada Post Owes $5.6 Billion to the pension.

Canada Post Paid $100 Million a year in Dividends in the 80's and 90's.

Creative accounting 101 folks.

I knew there was no way Canada Post ever made Money!

Not video killed the radio star, the internet killed the postal service.
    We are not alone go ahead and google the US postal service debt.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...mail-1.2469061

" The head of Canada Post says seniors have told the corporation they want more exercise and fresh air in answer to an MP's question about how the elderly will be especially hard hit by the cancellation of home mail delivery."

When you factor in the recycle cart agenda I would definitely tend to think that just maybe there is some sort of conspiracy afoot.

FYI, ..... Deepak Chopra, CEO for Canada Post, just accepted his huge performance bonus for 2014.

Is there some reason you think he shouldn't accept it?

Quote Originally Posted by stupefied View Post
    Is there some reason you think he shouldn't accept it?
    The performance bonus plan was created to inspire employees (CEO included) to perform to their maximum effort to make Canada Post a profitable, viable corporation. The unionized workers have not seen a performance bous plan check for a couple of years now. What is the CEO doing that warrants this bonus, .... CPC is losing money, .... the buck stops at his desk. His bonus would supplement an awful lot of stamps for the average Canadian.

I am relaxed.

And you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hobo View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...mail-1.2469061

" The head of Canada Post says seniors have told the corporation they want more exercise and fresh air in answer to an MP's question about how the elderly will be especially hard hit by the cancellation of home mail delivery."
    Yes yes! An exercise program Now how to tell Granny she will have to get a snowplow attachment for her walker. She will be so excited.

Seriously, one of the dumbest things I have ever hear. An outright lie, and one that assumes that we're all stupid enough to believe him.

I seen that the Canada Post CEO says that the elderly will "get more exercise" with these new community boxes. There are people I know who are too terribly weak to even walk out the door... For instance, I'll have to collect my grandmother's mail every couple days. Some people can't just walk down the street. People with life-threatening illnesses especially. May not sound like something to whine about to some of you, but in very small ways, people's lives and routines will be affected. And the CEO shouldn't be accepting any bonus. Not when thousands of jobs are being cut on his watch. Disgusting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information