Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Cake

Default The Cake

A lady wanted to bake a cake for a church bazaar, but she was in a bit of a hurry because of a special dinner that night. Unfortunately, when she pulled the cake out of the oven, it collapsed!! So she got a roll of toilet paper, opened up the cake, stuffed it in, fixed it up, iced it, and it looked great.
    She told her daughter, "Get right to the church and buy this cake before anybody has the chance!!"
    So off she goes to her dinner. But a little while later the daughter calls in a panic. "Mom, somebody bought the cake, I couldn't get it, it was gone!!"
    Mom can't do much now, so she goes on to the dinner, which included some starchy folks from the church, and some important people from the town.
    After the meal, the lady of the house, all prim and proper, goes out to the kitchen and returns with desert - it's THE CAKE!!
    Mom is horrified, she is so embarrassed, and she's just about to jump up and confess all, when the mayor's wife says, "Oh, what a beautiful cake!!", and the lady of the house replies,

"Thank you, I made it myself!!"

Mom sits back and says to herself, "God is Good!!"
    Religion doesn't save you, change you. heal you or set you free. Jesus does.

"if you could lose your salvation, you would!" John Macarthur

I promise to always post sober.

Default Re: The Cake

Good one.
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

Default Re: The Cake

I can see this being a true story.
    You leave me no choice, I swish my cape at you. - El Chupacabra

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information