Vianet.ca
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: What when wrong?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Move the goal post all you like..........The USA still couldn't score
    They couldn't hardly get the puck into our end.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    We owned you Birdman and you've got 4 more years to wallow in it till you get a shot at us again.

    Anything you say is just background noise.

    Because WE WON the GOLD MEDAL YOU DIDN'T WIN IT WE DID!

    IN YOUR FACE Birdman.
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Was downstate for the weekend at a hockey game. While there, one couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of ...oops, sorry,forgot where I was for a second...here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/juxtaposition

    ...how the great sportsmanship and talent of the two American teams made the current Canadian debacle even more sad. Here we Americans are, taking over a sport most Americans don't care about, yet doing it with class and grace, while Canada fumbles and stumbles into ever greater hockey decline. One can't help but feel intervening feelings of empathy for how hard Canada is taking all this. It's like all the Prozac in the world can't help Canadians through this ugly period. So very, very sad to witness.

    Again, I don't read any other responses on this thread, so please don't feel neglected or rejected if you sent queries my way and I did not respond. I feel the best way to help you guys through this ugly decline as a hockey power is to let you sort it out among yourselves, whilst I interject occasional pearls of wisdom, hopefully helping the process.

    Best regards, I am sure it's not easy.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Westender 3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sault Ste Marie
    Posts
    920

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Was downstate for the weekend at a hockey game. While there, one couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of ...oops, sorry,forgot where I was for a second...here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/juxtaposition

    ...how the great sportsmanship and talent of the two American teams made the current Canadian debacle even more sad. Here we Americans are, taking over a sport most Americans don't care about, yet doing it with class and grace, while Canada fumbles and stumbles into ever greater hockey decline. One can't help but feel intervening feelings of empathy for how hard Canada is taking all this. It's like all the Prozac in the world can't help Canadians through this ugly period. So very, very sad to witness.

    Again, I don't read any other responses on this thread, so please don't feel neglected or rejected if you sent queries my way and I did not respond. I feel the best way to help you guys through this ugly decline as a hockey power is to let you sort it out among yourselves, whilst I interject occasional pearls of wisdom, hopefully helping the process.

    Best regards, I am sure it's not easy.
    Translation,

    CLEAN UP YOUR OWN PUTRID BACKYARD BEFORE LECTURING OTHERS ABOUT THEIR BACKYARD!!!!!!!!(RWGR 2011)

  5. #45
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,889

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Was downstate for the weekend at a hockey game. While there, one couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of ...oops, sorry,forgot where I was for a second...here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/juxtaposition

    ...how the great sportsmanship and talent of the two American teams made the current Canadian debacle even more sad. Here we Americans are, taking over a sport most Americans don't care about, yet doing it with class and grace, while Canada fumbles and stumbles into ever greater hockey decline. One can't help but feel intervening feelings of empathy for how hard Canada is taking all this. It's like all the Prozac in the world can't help Canadians through this ugly period. So very, very sad to witness.

    Again, I don't read any other responses on this thread, so please don't feel neglected or rejected if you sent queries my way and I did not respond. I feel the best way to help you guys through this ugly decline as a hockey power is to let you sort it out among yourselves, whilst I interject occasional pearls of wisdom, hopefully helping the process.

    Best regards, I am sure it's not easy.
    There's only two things you need to remember. 1.) You lost to us....... 2.) we won gold................again

    Man up and live with the loss. All your whining is expected, yet unbecoming.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  6. #46
    Senior Member Igor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    There's only two things you need to remember. 1.) You lost to us....... 2.) we won gold................again

    Man up and live with the loss. All your whining is expected, yet unbecoming.
    The whining is tolerable. It's that excuse making!

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    In your face birdman!!!!
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  8. #48
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,889

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    The whining is tolerable. It's that excuse making!
    The only logical excuse is not an excuse at all.......Team Canada out played their teams and they won...........again
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    We won you lost suck it up buttercup.

    STOP trying to dish it out if you are not going to be a good sport about taking it.

    That Said;

    In you face BIRDMAN IN YOUR FACE!
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Just checking in to see if everyone is having a better day today. Hopefully Canada's decline in hockey is being accepted better today that it was yesterday. Hopefully each day gets a little bit better.

    By the way, I don't read any other responses on here, so please do not feel offended if I do not answer any query you may have put forth.
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  11. #51
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,889

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    By the way, I don't read any other responses on here, so please do not feel offended if I do not answer any query you may have put forth.
    After your teams expectations, I wouldn't either.
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    Just checking in to see if everyone is having a better day today. Hopefully Canada's decline in hockey is being accepted better today that it was yesterday. Hopefully each day gets a little bit better.

    By the way, I don't read any other responses on here, so please do not feel offended if I do not answer any query you may have put forth.
    We could tell we were having a decline in hockey by the Way we handed your A$$ to you during the Olympics.

    We WON you LOST. Face Reality.

    In your face BIRDMAN IN YOUR FACE!
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  13. #53
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Sault
    Posts
    37,746

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Ari only comes to post that he doesn't read?? Makes you wonder why there's a response at all.

    Unless....

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    ...Man up and live with the loss. ....
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Morris View Post
    Ari only comes to post that he doesn't read?? Makes you wonder why there's a response at all.

    Unless....
    We know he reads it all! Every last word!
    The less you respond to rude, critical, argumentative people, the more peaceful your life will become. ~ Mandy Hale

  16. #56
    Senior Member Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    more sad news for a country in decline:

    The future looks bleak for Canadian minor hockey

    http://www.thestar.com/opinion/edito...or_hockey.html

    This is not good, obviously. I do not mean to pile on, but it is best if you face this head-on.

    It will be a tragedy of untold proportions once Canadians finally admit their days as a hockey power are over (even more painful, no doubt, when the admission is followed by an acceptance the USA took "your game"). Canadians like to define themselves by hockey. Needless to say,that will have to change, quickly.

    I suppose what's left is to define yourselves by curling. Is it as good as hockey?Of course not, but, hey, it's better than being defined by, oh, I don't know, the RCMP I suppose.

    Sure, 99.99999% of the world could care less about curling; but so what?!?! A few people in Iceland care; rumor has it four families in Sweden care;and,dammit, the best curlers in the world come from the Soo!

    Let's make the best out of Canada's decline as a hockey power!!
    The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Noyance View Post
    We know he reads it all! Every last word!
    Yup!!!
    My apologies if defending seems defensive!!

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    more sad news for a country in decline:

    The future looks bleak for Canadian minor hockey

    http://www.thestar.com/opinion/edito...or_hockey.html

    This is not good, obviously. I do not mean to pile on, but it is best if you face this head-on.

    It will be a tragedy of untold proportions once Canadians finally admit their days as a hockey power are over (even more painful, no doubt, when the admission is followed by an acceptance the USA took "your game"). Canadians like to define themselves by hockey. Needless to say,that will have to change, quickly.

    I suppose what's left is to define yourselves by curling. Is it as good as hockey?Of course not, but, hey, it's better than being defined by, oh, I don't know, the RCMP I suppose.

    Sure, 99.99999% of the world could care less about curling; but so what?!?! A few people in Iceland care; rumor has it four families in Sweden care;and,dammit, the best curlers in the world come from the Soo!

    Let's make the best out of Canada's decline as a hockey power!!
    Wahhh Wahhh IN YOUR FACE !

    Knock Knock! Who's There? GOLD MEDAL IN SOCHI! SQUARED!
    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Standing in the shadows
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    When you have no knowledge you have no argument.

  20. #60
    Senior Member riggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    that little dark corner of your mind
    Posts
    4,889

    Default Re: What when wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
    even more painful, no doubt, when the admission is followed by an acceptance the USA took "your game")
    We know how important it is to you to "take our game" but wouldn't you want to talk about this AFTER WINNING 2 gold medals and not after failed expectations?
    CANADA................"often imitated but never duplicated"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts